Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Is the parsley taken from the carrots
    no
    Do you have to seed the pomagranates
    not with the centrifugal juicer pictured above
    Do you peel the ginger root
    no, but trim the dark material where fingers have been snapped off
    Do you have to peel the lemons
    yes, the zest is very hard to digest and can cause stomach fits. I use a tater peeler and leave plenty of white pith where most of the nutrients live in citrus and the rind in melons, up to 95% according to Jay "The Juiceman" Kordich
    or anything else
    Assuming none of the produce is organically grown; cut about 1/2 inch or more off the carrot tops, thats where pest or herbacides if present will accumulate. You can buy a produce wash that claims to remove wax from apples, cucumbers, bell peppers etc and chemical residue. I've just used a stiff scrub brush and running water since 93' when i bought that unit. The only produce i've had to seed or pit is cherries. Watermelon, apples, pears and other fruits with flat shaped small seeds don't need to be fussed with, the seeds get kicked out during the juice extraction process. I don't juice peaches, plums, avocados, bananas and the like because they tend to just turn into a pasty mush, most of which is ejected out the back of the juicer like pulp waste
    All the ingredients look good
    thats what i'm talkin bout
    I would like to know the amounts of each and the preparation
    well, 6 to 8 carrots, 2 apples, 1/2 bunch of parsley, 1 pomagranate, 1 lemon, 1 inch knob of ginger root makes close to 3 pints of juice
    What is the storage length in the refrigerator
    not long, it starts to turn dark in the fridge or in an air tight thermos buy the end of the day but still drinkable. It turns black and foul after a couple few days. It's best to drink juiced produce right away as the nutrients will begin dying as soon as the plant is cut open and exposed to air

Kathy's Mississippi Mud Cake.. sticks margarine .1/2c. cocoa 2.c.sugar 4eggs.1 1/2 c.flour. pinch of salt. 1 1/2 c. nuts. 1 tsp. vanilla . miniature marshmallows. Melt oleo and coca together. Remove from heat and stir in suger and slightly beaten eggs and mix well. Add flour, salt and nuts and vanilla. Mix well. Spoon batter into a greased 13x9x2 inch pan and bake at 350 deg. for 36-45 minutes. Sprinkle marshmallows ontop of warm cake. Cover wiyh chocolate frosting. My wife Kathy makes this for us quit often. Enjoy. SSGT. Francisco.

Melancon's Corn Gravy Stuff

1 - can of whole kernel corn
    1 - can of brown gravy
    Worcestershire Sauce
    Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
    Tobasco Sauce

Drain the can of corn. Dump the corn into a bowl. Add about 3-4 oz. brown gravy. Add a few shots of Worchestershire sauce. Add a few dashes of Tony Chachere's and a couple shots of Tobasco. Nuke it for about 45 seconds. Enjoy!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank you, Slinger, for your information. Everything that you have shown is more than easily accesible in the supermarkets around where I live. Oh, Geez, call this a senior moment if you want, but I just remembered I have one of those Jack LaLanne Power Juicers buried somewhere in the garage (never used the darn thing) and I know that it came with alot of great recipes for juicing and using the pulp. I'll look for it today or tomorrow and see if I can find some juicing recipes that you and others might enjoy.
    Thanks again.
    Gary

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Turkey "Breast" Recipe....

Ingredients:
    1 whole turkey
    1 large lemon, cut into halves
    salt and pepper to taste
    butter or olive oil, whichever you prefer

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Rub butter or oil over the skin of the turkey until it is completely coated.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper and any other seasonings you prefer.

Take a knife and gently separate the skin from the breast meat;

Slide lemon halves under the skin with the peel side up, one on

each side. This way the juice from the lemon will release into the breasts.

Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes. Remove cover and continue

to roast until juices run clear, basting every 15-20 minutes.

If you've followed these steps correctly, your turkey should

look like the one in the picture.

Bon Appetit!

Last edited by Phantom Blooper; 08-03-10 at 05:41 PM.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Oriental Beef Noodle Soup

½ lb.lean boneless top round steak
    4½ cups water
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    2 tsp. beefflavored bouillon granules
    Vegetable cooking spray
    2 tsp. peanut oil
    ½ cup thinly sliced celery
    ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
    1 tsp. finely chopped fresh gingerroot (I use more)
    2 cupsliced fresh mushrooms
    1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
    ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
    2 cups hot cooked fine noodles (I use the Japanese Yakisoba noodles - no need to pre-cook)
    1½ cups fresh snow pea pods, trimmed & cut into 1 in. pieces
    2 tsp. Sesame oil -- or more to taste.

Partially freeze steak, trim fat from steak. Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/8 in. strips. Set aside
    Combine water, cornstarch & bouillon granules (or substitute beef broth) in a medium bowl. Stir well & set aside.

Coat a wok or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add peanut oil. Place over med. heat until hot. Add celery, onions & gingerroot. Stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.

Add steak stir- fry 3 minutes or until browned. Add cornstarch mixture, water chestnuts & pepper, stirring well.

Cover & cook over med. heat 10 minutes. Stir in noodles, vegetables, snow peas & sesame oil. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Yield: 7 cups.

I have also made this, substituting sliced chicken & chicken broth for the beef.

Both are good.

Beef Yakisoba: you had it if you ever ate at the chow hall

Beef Yakisoba

Soba Noodles
    1/2 package of Japanese Stir Fry Mixed Veggies
    (it is better with fresh veggies but is faster with froze)
    8oz of beef sirloin thinly sliced
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 tbsp lite soy sauce
    2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
    2 cloves garlic crushed

Directions

Heat oil in large fry pan or wok
    add crushed garlic and brown for a couple of seconds
    add vegetables and half of the soy and teriyaki sauce and cook until the veggies are warm
    add noodles and stir
    add sirloin rest of the soy and teriyaki sauce stir until sirloin is cooked to personal tastes
    Serve immediately

Credits
    Savings
    egbutler1,
    The Beef Yakisoba recipe looks quick and easy. I was just wondering, do you prefer using a teflon coated, non-stick surface wok or the typical steel wok? I'm finding that high cooking temperatures cause the non-stick coating to chip and bubble. I read somewhere that "quick frozen" vegetables, fish, poultry, fruit etc., loose very little, if any, of their nutrients. Yeah, but as you say, fresh vegetables are the best if they are available.

Credits
    Savings
    Phantom,
    That Lemon Turkey is a fox. What part do you munch on first?

Quote Originally Posted by Osotogary View Post
    egbutler1,
    The Beef Yakisoba recipe looks quick and easy. I was just wondering, do you prefer using a teflon coated, non-stick surface wok or the typical steel wok? I'm finding that high cooking temperatures cause the non-stick coating to chip and bubble. I read somewhere that "quick frozen" vegetables, fish, poultry, fruit etc., loose very little, if any, of their nutrients. Yeah, but as you say, fresh vegetables are the best if they are available.
    I don't know what type of wok it used to be. non stick or regular cause its so old and full of the tastiness from many meals. I'd go with just a steel wok.

Italian Meatballs

I broke this one down to the basics, I do a lot more to mine. Since im posting it i figured you can add other stuff to your taste. I make mine hudge bake em' 20 mins on 1 side than flip and do another side of it. Than put them in some sauce and let em' sit all freaking day. Awesome!

Italian Meatballs

Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef
    1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
    1/3 cup water (more or less)
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup Romano cheese
    1 medium onion
    garlic
    salt
    pepper
    Preparation:

Mix all ingredients together. Don't add all of the water at one time. Mixture should be moist but not so that the
    meatballs fall apart.

Shape meatballs to desired size and place on a broiler pan (I wet my hands before shaping each meatball and
    it helps make a nice meatball.) Broil until outside is slightly brown on one side and then turn and broil the
    other side. When finished, add to spaghetti sauce and simmer at least 20 minutes but hours is better!

Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1 View Post
    add crushed garlic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxWUQBRpU8U

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Blood Sausage

Ingredients
    Sausage casings
    3/4 cup finely chopped onions
    2 tablespoons lard
    1/3 cup whipping cream
    1/4 cup bread crumbs
    2 beaten eggs
    A grind of fresh pepper
    1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme
    1/2 bay leaf, pulverized
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 lb leaf lard diced into 1/2-inch cubes
    2 cups fresh pork blood

Instructions:
    Have ready: Sausage casings. Cook gently without browning 3/4 cup finely chopped onions in 2 tablespoons lard. Cool slightly and mix in a bowl with 1/3 cup whipping cream, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 2 beaten eggs, a grind of fresh pepper, 1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme, 1/2 bay leaf (pulverized), and 1 teaspoon salt. Add 1/2 lb leaf lard diced into 1/2-inch cubes and 2 cups fresh pork blood.

Fill casings only three-fourths full; the mixture will swell during the poaching period. Without overcrowding, put the sealed casings into a wire basket. Bring to a boil a large pan half full of water or half milk and half water. Remove pan from heat and plunge the basket into the water. Now return pan to very low heat (about 180°F; 82°C) for 15 minutes. Test for doneness by piercing sausage with a fork: if blood comes out, continue to cook about 5 minutes more or until barely firm. Should any of the sausages rise to the surface of the simmering liquid, prick them to release the air that might burst the skins.
    To prepare, split and grill them very gently.
    Enjoy !!!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....LOOK, YOU CHOW-HOUNDS......unless it's a "Crok Pot" recipe....I'm NOT interested!!!!
    TRUTH: the best meals I've had at home were straight from "THE POT"....HA! HA! HA! HE! HE!
    I buy Flank Steak, and fresh 'shrooms, flavored stuffing, ONE onion, RED cooking wine, GOOD beef stock, and add my "special seasoning"!!!
    Gotta' flatten-out the steak, roll the stuffing into it, and TOOTHPICK it into a nice roll....OR TWO!! Cut the onion as you like, and add the rest of the ingredients....cook on LOW for 5-8 hours.....sometimes I add "new" potatoooes, the little babies....AND THAT'S ONE OF THE BEST MEALS...VERY CHEAP...EASY TO FIX...EXCELLENT TASTE, AND TENDER!!!!
    DON'T OPEN THE DAM LID!!!....DUH!!.....SEMPER HUNGRY....Doc "Chow-Hound"......

I've goT a lovely idea my dears, one time in college I did a cum swap. Now you might be saying CUM SWAP? Well sure squirt those penile juices into a cup and mix it with Vodka and you're off to a terrific start!

Thread Information