MREs — not the same old rations - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MRE 3 lies in one meal ready to eat, I heard that the other day. I like some of them and will eat one if I got nothin in the house I want. But I boil the main meal and dress it but a bit.

Anyone else?

I love MREs personally. Couldn't get enough of the sloppy joe or the ranger bars!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    C-RATS,YUM YUM.got two cases before i got out,wife and i sit and opened and mixed all the good stuff and had a meal, loved the chocolate,all white,ham and eggs,beans and mothers.good eating.you tell me!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1Devildog View Post
    Question: How long do these last, i.e., are they to last as long as C-Rations?

Have any of you laid any of these away in case of a disaster or attack on our country?

Hey, I'm old school. Think we were eating what was left over from WWII when we were in Nam. At least it tasted like it. . .
    You may be missing the questions I asked, but then again, maybe you don't know, and I'll have to wait for someone that does. . ., but they are as listed above. . . And I'm asking about MRE's

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WHAT ABOUT COOKING THAT JAVA,@HAM A MUTHA F***ERS UP WITH C-4.FRIGGING HEAT TAB'S,YOU COULD SMELL BURNING A MILE AWAY!!!

Alph1, I think it states somewhere above that they last 3 years if kept at a constant 80 degrees, which means they will probably last 5. I don't have any we have gone another route to keeping emergency rations. Major surplus sells 5 gallon buckets with several different items in them, kidney beans, rice and so forth.

Hope that helps

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WHAT ABOUT THEM,KINDA LIKE MRE'S THAT CAME OUT WHILE WE WERE IN THE 'NAM.(LURPS)SP???JUST MIXED HOT H20/W/THEM???

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewebe View Post
    Alph1, I think it states somewhere above that they last 3 years if kept at a constant 80 degrees, which means they will probably last 5. I don't have any we have gone another route to keeping emergency rations. Major surplus sells 5 gallon buckets with several different items in them, kidney beans, rice and so forth.

Hope that helps
    There ya go, thank you. Didn't see the 3 year remark.

In the C-RATS I liked the turkey loaf. Mixed it up with the grape jelly. . . Kinda tasted like thanksgiving turkey w/cranberrys. . . Not! But hey, the imagination can do wonderous things. I hated those Limas and Ham, and it always seemed like I got stuck with them. . . But when you were hungry. . . . And I always used C-4 to heat mine.

Thread Information