Why can't females be infantry? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    =] I'm actualy happy I got responses from INTELLIGENT people. I posted this question on a different website and all I got were morons asking if I wanted to cyber. Ew. Pervs.

Anyway. Thank you again Marines. Very helpful.

Yeah those before me have pretty much answered your question. Would just like to add, that I read in an article (can't remember name or link) that Canada at one point opened its Infantry to woman. They found that few if any females were capable of doing the same things they had the males do. In the end I believe I read that they had to lower the standards for females in the Infantry. I say if you're able to do the same exact thing as the opposite sex, you should be given a chance to do so. At the same time I believe females should be held to the same standards and requirements as the male.

Well I wasn't going to respond to this, but I will.

First off women are built differently than men, and the physical demands of this job require a certain type of people. You will find the men that are unable to do it (fall out of humps, cannot pt, etc. etc.) however, MOST women will be unable to handle the rigors of the job or will be unable to do something as simple as firemans carry another male and their gear to a CCP. This makes them a liability and a concern. You must also ask if a woman could go hand to hand with a 250 lb insurgent?

Secondly, have you ever seen a group of Marines when any semi-attractive woman walks by. **** even in formation. Every head turns, there's cat calling etc. etc. With women in the infantry it can easily breed to problems. Millions of reasons to distract the men from doing their job and the women as well. Sex is one of the only things that can trump survival in nature.

As well men have a certain biological tweak that makes them the protector of women. This causes them to not only do things to protect them, but may cause them to be overly protective of them in certain wartime circumstances. Especially being overwatchful over one person instead of the squad etc. As well seeing a woman get injured (and screaming) or die on the battlefield can cause serious effects to the men in the unit because of this.

Most women are also biologicaly tweaked to be the nurturer and person who cares. This breeds a problem in that often they do not want to kill and the aftereffects of this killing can lead to serious PTSD or otherwise. This can cause serious problems in the infantry if any doubt to take a life occurs in the heat of battle.

Lets not mention that women in this Marine Corps are held to different standards, and often lower standards. This can cause a problem in promotions and ability standards in the grunt units. Its bad enough when some Security Forces no nothing comes in and takes a battle tested Lance Corporals job because he is higher ranking cause promotions are faster, imagine if this happened with women taking the jobs. Serious issue, if the standards remain different.

Lets not even mention pregnancy. Taking a man (woman in this case) from the direct fight in order to have a child is perposterous. I cant imagine losing an individual to something like that. We are clawing and scratching for every individual to have in these platoons, we can't lose them to something like pregnancy...they do enough dumb **** on their own (DUI, drugs, UA, etc.)

Also the woman's rights effort to establish seperate but equal facilities and the like, would cause serious problems on the grunt unit. How long until someone demands their own shower facilities or otherwise and we are forced to spend more manpower, money, and effort to create another facility everywhere we go. Would she stay in the same barraks as the males, how bout on the field. Someone would complain. How in cramped areas, such as tanks, hooches, and the like, would women be able to take care of their basic sanitation issues. Especially "that time of the month" The confined space in which we work makes this tough as well.

I think I have wasted your time enough with what I think. I can give a lot more reasons, but here are a few. I'm ready for the backlash, but I think I could argue this one all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody View Post
    I'm ready for the backlash, but I think I could argue this one all day.
    Damn man, I don't think there will be any backlash, you just said the exact same things that about 5 other Marines have said in this thread. lol, you gotta read these things first.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Woody, you couldn't have said it better if you had tried hard.

Woody, I love you dude...

We all know what happens when a WM walks by a group of guys, ESPECIALLY combat arms Marines, who NEVER work with females....mmmmm I loveeeeeee a girl in Charlies! Those curves and....

Well, now you know why I have a kid on the way.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post

We all know what happens when a WM walks by a group of guys, ESPECIALLY combat arms Marines, who NEVER work with females....mmmmm I loveeeeeee a girl in Charlies! Those curves and....

Suck-errrrr

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Incredible Camoflagued Woman,,,,,,,,,Making a movie in my head,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    The Incredible Camoflagued Woman,,,,,,,,,Making a movie in my head,,,,,,,,,,

Whipped cream and grease paint... I'd watch that movie... many, many times.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm trying to picture time on ship with a female in an infantry battalion ... instantly that sound track from debbie does dallas comes to mind ... ba ba brink bran.

A female on ship with an infantry unit would get special berthing and special privalages. Male grunts on field day ... well hell we heaved out and thriced up and got a good sweep job fore and aft. Female grunts .. the AC wasn't working so well but I managed to get a few hours sleep. My room is clean. Hey did you know the captains state room has ice and coffee? That would all amount to discontent among the sexes. Here you go carry this roll of comm wire and a five gallon jug of water. Crap that is too heavy for me .... I gave smuckatelly some ass yesterday and he owes me a favor ... have him carry it. Well hell smuckatelly is already carrying two rolls of comm wire and 2 5 gallon jugs of water ... can you at least hump this box of MRE's ... no sergeant I can't .. I have cramps and am in a *****ey mood. Ok can you ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Woody, I love you dude...

Well, now you know why I have a kid on the way.
    Matt, as you may know by now the reason the female Marine is walking PAST the grunts is she is heading over the the Air Winger side of the Corps....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdoc View Post
    Matt, as you may know by now the reason the female Marine is walking PAST the grunts is she is heading over the the Air Winger side of the Corps....
    WOOHOO! You got THAT right!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh, no,,,,, This crap again. "Fly ME"

Sorry I was late getting in on this one. Just moved into my new home back here in NC.

When I was training Midshipmen in the 80's, the Marine Corps was having female Candidates put on all the battle gear and going through obstacle courses and such just like the men. The reason we stopped was we were ending the career of some good Marines. I never saw so many fractures, damaged muscles, tendon and ligament problems in my life. By the third week we had another platoon that had to be driven everywhere because they were unable to walk or at least not without the aid of crutches. There are a very small percentage of females who can hack the physical demands of real Infantry training. Common sense had us stop this idea.

Heat injuries are another problem. Females naturally have a higher percentage of body fat. That is for a very good biological reason, in fact if it gets too low most women will stop having their cycle. When they get that low on fat they may be great marathon runners or gymnasts, but not in a position where they have to carry all that weight in rugged terrain or heat.

None of this means a female cannot be a good Marine or a great combat asset, just not in the Infantry.

S/F
    Finger

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Be The 1st.on You'r Block Too Come Home

They want Equality,Fuc it;Let them in The Grunts.Men have been being Put in Body bag's way too long.Now it's time for You women,Too start doing You'r share of The dying also.Common Macho Woman,be the 1st. One on you'r block;Too come Home in a Wooden Box.

Thread Information