Leaving in one week!
Create Post

Leaving in one week!

Well, after 10 months of waiting, the time has (almost) come for me to go to boot camp! I leave for Parris Island next Sunday, ALTHOUGH my recruiter told me that if someone drops then I might get to leave a little early (which would be this week).
    Anyway, I am pumped up and ready to go. Praise be to God, I can pass the IST now (took long enough to get the pull ups, but thank God I can do 5-6 now). I am almost wishing I can go early!
    But anyway, I just wanted to go ahead and say it's been great being here the past month or so, and I would like to thank all the Marines and poolees here who have helped me gain more useful knowledge about boot camp and the Marine Corps in general. I also want to thank my family for being supportive of me, and I would like to thank my recruiter, Staff Sergeant Cox, for giving me this great opportunity to become a Marine, and for always being there for me when I needed support, wether it be something personal or something that had to do with becoming a Marine, such as the encouragement to get the pull ups. And, most of all, I want to thank God for bringing Staff Sergeant to my door that August day last summer and giving me this great opportunity, and I want to thank God for giving me the strength to get physically and mentally prepared for boot camp.

God bless you all, and my fellow poolees, if you ever need help, turn to our Heavenly Father. He has all the help you need, and some! He truly is Semper Fi!

im thinking ill see you at MOS school

CJ, go earn that title! Good luck to you!

-Poolee Setzer

Good luck, and come back as a U.S. Marine!!!

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    CJ, Good luck just remember this, Marine Corps Boot Camp is the way it is to weed out momma's boys. It's been this way since the beginning of the Marine Corps.It's about tradition and honor you'll have good days and bad days, but stay motivated and remember what's at the end of the rainbow. Once again.......Good Luck!!!

Semper Fi 4 Life
    Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

Have fun.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm leaving the same day you are CJ! Amazing how time passes so quickly. I'm sure I'll see ya on the Island bud. Take care!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60314

Follow this link if you want moto Mail while you're there.

Good luck Poolee,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60314

Follow this link if you want moto Mail while you're there.

Good luck Poolee,

Dave

I would advise the Moto Mail....

Thanks for the good luck wishes, everyone!
    And I have signed up for moto mail. Don't know if I'll be able to write back, though. I may have time to just write to family/friends.

Thread Information