Stephen Cochran Performs for ThanksUSA

6/25/2008
Amber Garner
Country Hound, TN

Stephen Cochran joins with ThankUSA for a benefit concert in Washington to benefit military families. ThanksUSA is a non-partisan group that can be summed up by their name. The members of the organization want to thank the men and women who serve in the armed forces, particularly through education. ThanksUSA provides need-based scholarships to children and spouses of active duty status personnel for post secondary education.

Cochran joined the Marines after 9/11 and served two tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. During his second tour Cochran was injured and had to return home. While recovering he began songwriting again and released his first country album in 2007.

“I love the Marine Corps—everything they did for me gave me the drive to know that I can do anything I want to do. I’m proud to be able to give back with this benefit concert and with this organization that is doing so much for all the men women serving in the military,” said Cochran.

ThanksUSA has awarded almost $4 million in scholarships in the past two years. The organization is currently in a campaign to raise $1 million by July 4, anyone interested can visit ThanksUSA.org.

Ellie