Supplement for Running + Other PT
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Supplement for Running + Other PT

Anyone know of any good supplements that can help improve running endurance? Maybe, also help with pullup reps progression.

I do understand nothing beats, hard devoting work to improve PT.

Any help or information at all would be greatly appreciated.

I would really like this as well, if anyone has any suggestions. I have been working out for 1H -1.5H for about the last 2-3 months, 5-6 days a week, with very little improvement, and I've been working my ass off... I have no idea why. I think supplements + keeping my current routine would help.

Well first off your routine might be the problem. But a good supllement that I use is Muscle Milk. Its not really a supllement its just a protien shake with a bunch of vitamins in it too. I wouldnt get supllements because you would lose muscle really fast once you get off of them (once you go to boot camp).

I dont know if its the supplements because I take them and find a slight gain in energy during the day but usually you just **** all the vitiamins out during the day.

Theres no real way to get around running but you can train on the eliptical and bike to help build your legs and tone them so you can run longer/faster.

Calistetics(sp?) is the best PT you can do because thats what you'll be doing when you go to RT. From body builders to side stradle hops is what you will do at RT.

Also, another good way to speed yourself up is sprints while running distances. Run a mile and sprint every other light pole. If you have to walk then walk the light pole but sprint the next one.

I use to train for 2 whole hours with no grain but when I switched back to my basic 45 min-1 hr work outs I started losing weight again and actually doing better at running and stuff.

The only way to get better at running is running. Every day. Mix up speed work with distance training and interval training. I would say run at least 5 times a week, if not 6 as well as pull-ups, push ups, and ab work every other day. The only way to get better at PT...is to PT hard.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    water on the weekdays and beer on the weekends

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    water on the weekdays and beer on the weekends
    I fear I will have to quit this routine after getting yelled at by a Gunnery Seargeant at my last poolee function for weighing more then I should.

On topic though, while supplements are good, I am personally taking Ravage, Pink Magic, and D4. I would recommend getting accustom to doing your PT without them like you will at boot.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was taking creatine but now I just eat well and drink tons of water.

Protein is the only supplement a poolee needs. And protein can be had from fish, chicken, steak, pork, milk, cottage cheese, cheese, nuts, etc.

Around 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight will work well enough to recover your muscles STRONGER than the previous state (ie. less sore in the morning) and also prevent muscle breakdown.

Cant eat enough meat? Head to a local supplement dealer (Vitamin Shoppe, vitamin world, etc. GNC is too expensive btw) and grab a jug of Optimum Nutrition(ON) 100% whey protein. $23.99 for 2 lbs, around 1 months worth of the worlds #1 rated whey protein. Ive gone through countless jugs (been in the game for a while) and its the only brand I use. Great results.

DubGee:

Hey dude I was wondering if you could give me some tips as well. I see you have finally hit under 2:30 on your 1.5 mile. I have been stuck at right around 2:45 for some time I need to get it down though.

BTW I hit 5k recently so I can help you on your crunches.

you in?

what do you mean by 2:30?

Quote Originally Posted by irpwns View Post
    what do you mean by 2:30?
    2 mins 30 seconds of course

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus32 View Post
    DubGee:

Hey dude I was wondering if you could give me some tips as well. I see you have finally hit under 2:30 on your 1.5 mile. I have been stuck at right around 2:45 for some time I need to get it down though.

BTW I hit 5k recently so I can help you on your crunches.

you in?
    Bro getting under 2:30 was a painnnnn. But I just did sprints everyday of the 1 week before my ist. Sprinted for 5min straight, with a 15sec rest. 10 times. 3x a day.

And these crunches are killing me. Ive gotten up to 4,990 now. I usually do 500-1000 crunches a day with a 300lb barbell but I dont have any more plates sooo i guess Ill have to go to the gym and show off using their weights

Run a mile and a half in under 2mins and 30secs? How is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by irpwns View Post
    Run a mile and a half in under 2mins and 30secs? How is that even possible?
    Hard work, perseverance, dedication, commitment, drive, heart, good nutrition, and excellent cardiovascular endurance.

Thread Information