Info About a 1977 Helicopter Crash - Page 15
Create Post
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    38 years ago this month I first met then Corporal Anderson . . . a fine Marine to be sure.

I was a slick sleeve Private then, straight out of boot camp and school. We served together for two years at HMX-1.

I remember the day he got that Presidential Service Badge, like a kid on Christmas morning!

Semper Fi

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    :Your post was certainly worth more than "2 Bits" to me. Thank you so much. I have the Presidential Service badge and yes he was so proud of it. You capture "Andy's" personality so well. Look forward to more "stories" if you don't mind. Thanks for posting on facebook, I don't check this one as much but like to keep it going because it has a great search engine for people who remember and honor the past.

Gloria - for you, from me for Chuck.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...1ajgtum9&&tt=b

Some things never, ever, change.

Credits
    Savings
    This memorial weekend remembering those lost and injured on October 21, 1977

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This Marine will never forget...

Credits
    Savings

In Loving memory of Sgt. Charles (Andy) Anderson

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chuck and Gloria Niagra Falls 1977 117kb.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	25981

Remembering my brother LCpl Steven Bowman whom gave his life on this day in 1977, and everyone else involved.

I am thankful for the many stories that have been shared here the past five years.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Prayers Outbound to all on this day in 1977...

God Bless.

Been on my mind all day. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone related to Oct 21, 1977. Gloria, thanks for posting your photos with Sgt Anderson, I wish I could have had the chance to meet him.

Remembering our brother, Rest in peace, Semper Fidelis.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I remember the crash site and the moment of prayer we had during operation Valient Blitz on Mindoro Island in 1980
    We came close to crashing ourselves aboard a C130 and had a emergency landing to Clark AFB before taking off and landing at the air strip at Mindoro

Striking 9th Marine Regt from Camp Hansen

Credits
    Savings
    Remembering all this Memorial Weekend.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Prayers Outbound as always.

Credits
    Savings
    Special thanks this Memorial day to the leatherneck website and the wonderful search engine that has brought so many people together. It is a special comfort to me this Memorial day because this year someone who knew my husband 37 years ago sent this message to me by private email on this website " I was a young cobra pilot serving on the new Orleans when the accident occurred. I have thought about the crash often but never googled it until today. I read all of the posts concerning the crash and yours stood out because you were married to Sgt. Anderson. The details are all there but I want to provide a personal insight about your husband. Our deployment was scheduled to last about 6 months but ended up lasting closer to 8. I was married and had a young son and wife that I missed very much. Sgt Anderson and I had a great relationship and I mentioned to him that I wanted to fly home to surprise and see my wife and kids but I couldn't afford the air fair. Your husband volunteered to loan me the money so I could make the trip. I flew back and had a great visit. When I flew back to the ship I told your husband what a great time I had and how much I appreciated his generosity. I repaid the loan and our friendship continued. The accident occurred a couple of weeks later. He was a great Marine and an even better person. I hope this message confirms what you already know, that your husband was a great man. H.C.

Thread Information