1/4 Marines & Corpsmen from 92-95
Create Post

1/4 Marines & Corpsmen from 92-95

Any of you salty dogs out there? I've found a few of you on Facebook/ Myspace, but I'm still looking for more.

Hey doc I saw your quote about Corpsmen of 1/4, I served in Alpha 1/4 in Viet Nam from 11-67 to 06-68 WIA LZ Torch Hill 515, during my tour we had two great Corpsmen that were KIA, HN Peterson, Albert Allen, on 04-26-68 & Doc. Allerby, Milton Richard Jr. on 06-11-68.

If not for the courage & valor of these two most most brave souls many a Marine would have died of their wounds, including yours truely. At this time the men of Alpha Co. who were on Hill 515 are attempting to get Doc Allerby the MOH for his actions that night.

I've been told it's going to be a Mother getting the MOH awarded after all these years, so far we have two witnesses that will atest to his actions. This award is well over due & most earned & deserved. Corpsmen "Death Cheaters". Thanks for taking care of my younger brother Marines Doc.

Semper Fi.

Hey Preacher I noticed you had Thruman Moores 1/4 web sit on your quote, were you in 1/4? If so we are having a reunion this coming Aug 12th through the 17th in DC our banquette is going to be held at the Marine Corps Museum, let me know if you need any info.

This is for Doc. Hickman, Doc if you go to the web site in Preachers quote you'll be able to read the after action reports of the battles that took place where our Corpsmen were KIA.

Preacher I forgot to mention that I was in First Platoon, 1st Squad, our nick name was hard luck First, out of 32 Marines about eight of us made it back, in 68 Alpha had 30 KIA out of the 30, 24 were 1st Platoon, 1st Squad just about got wiped out on LZ Torch Hill 515 on June 11,69, out of 12, 2 of us made it out that night. I am one lucky Marine.

Semper Fi.

MudMarine

Yes I was with 1/4, H&S Co, 81s Plt, Ist gun squad from August 1967 to January 1968. Then transferred into a CAG unit. What Company were you with?

Preacher I was in Alpha Co. 1st Platoon from 11-67 to 06-68, I know you remember Top Crawford, but did you know he made Sgt. Major of the Marine Corps; he passed away in 84 or 85. Dam good Top to follow into combat. When you messed up he didn't believe in office hours or Captains Mast, took too much time. He would have one of his famous motivational talks & I can guarantee you that every Marine who attended was defiantly motivated & had some what of a sore ass from his size 13 boot. When I got there Col. Depthula was Battalion Co., we had a few slogans for him “Boola Boola for Depthula” & “Let’s Ding em for Dippy”. He was relived by a Col. Mc Clean. Glad to see another Marine from ¼ made it back, welcome home.

Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Yes I was with 1/4, H&S Co, 81s Plt, Ist gun squad from August 1967 to January 1968. Then transferred into a CAG unit. What Company were you with?
    I was with Alpha co in 2nd Platoon 92 they were a boat company then, used Zodiac crafts to perform beach/cliff assaults. In 94 I was with Weapons company, I was the senior Co Corpsman and I was attatched to the Dragaons Plattoon. After almost four years total with the grunts they wouldn't let me stay so I had to transfer to Naval Hospital in Oakland for shore duty. When they closed the base down I came up for orders again I tried going back to the green side but again said no, so I got out. Funny thing is that most Sailors try like Hell to avoid the FMF, but those of us that loved it they won't let stay.

Great to hear all the old stories from 1/4.

Doc Hickman: Alpha was still the boat company until 2006.

Wpns Plt, C co 1/4 2002-2006

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Great to hear all the old stories from 1/4.

Doc Hickman: Alpha was still the boat company until 2006.

Wpns Plt, C co 1/4 2002-2006
    Is Charlie Co still a Helo co?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Hickman View Post
    Is Charlie Co still a Helo co?

Yes.

I was with Bravo 1/4 Wpns Plt from 1992-1994. Then went to Wpns Co, Caat Plt(tows) from 1994-1996. What ship did you west-pac on?

Thread Information