A Tribute To John Wayne, The "Duke"!!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking Spike Lee Could Not Make A Pimple On John's Azz

THAT WAS A GOOD FLIC,HE WENT DOWN LIKE A MAN;WITH HIS BOOTS ON.THANX BIG JIM!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Got killed by Bruce Dern in "The Cowboys"! Also died in "The Fighting SeeBees" didn't he?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Wake of the Red Witch
    Fighting SeaBees
    Sands of Iwo Jima
    The Cowboys
    The Shootist
    I think there is one more that my CRAFT won't let me pull up right now.

S.F.
    Deduke ( get it? De Duke? )

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Best scene he ever did was as Rooster Cogburn when, as he put his reins in his mouth, he said to Robert Duvall "Fill your hand, you son of a b1tch!"

"The Shootist" was his last movie.

As for the can opener thing, lesser services call it a "P38".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I still have my 'John Wayne" in my tackle box, along with C Rat toilet paper, and a green book of matches. No, I ain't sellin em.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyhiles View Post
    I have many John Wayne "Trophies and images" To say I am a fan is an understatement. I have seen every movie he made, many times over, to include his early westerns.

Now buffs, how many did he die in, no fair looking it up
    John Wayne:
    Reap the Wild Wind (1942)
    The Fighting Seabees (1944)
    Wake of the Red Witch (1949)
    The Sands of Iwo Jima (1949)
    The Alamo (1960)
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)
    The Cowboys (1972)
    The Shootist (1976)

In "The Deceiver" (1931), Wayne had an uncredited role as a dead body, and in "Central Airport" (1933) he was one of two men seen floundering in the sea at night after their plane had crashed.

In one other film, "The Sea Chase" (1955), it is not made entirely clear whether he dies at the end or not. It is left for the audience to decide whether he survives or goes down with his sinking ship.

"Fill your hands you sons of a b1tch" Probably one of my all time favorite lines. The mold was busted when he checked out, won't be any more like him.

one of my fav's...."Back to Bataan. i wonder whatever happened to Maximo???

YEP one of the great's.Saddle up!

Ron 68

John Wayne

I never understood the love fest with John Wayne and the military. He was an actor not a war hero. Although he supported the military and he was a good actor he did not join the military during the nation's greatest time of need. (Like many in Hollywood did). I will not say he is a dodger, just someone that should not be idolized. York, Murphy or Dan Daily would be more appropriate.

John @#%#$@ Wayne

Different strokes for different folks.

In the sixties when a lot of star were protesting like Hanoi Jane, John (so what if he never served) Wayne made a movie about Nam. Yeah, I know it was about the green beanies, but it was Pro-military.

OOHRAH

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    I never understood the love fest with John Wayne and the military. He was an actor not a war hero. Although he supported the military and he was a good actor he did not join the military during the nation's greatest time of need. (Like many in Hollywood did). I will not say he is a dodger, just someone that should not be idolized. York, Murphy or Dan Daily would be more appropriate.
    Looky here, can't tell who you are, so please complete your profile.

... and iffen you were to walk into my VFW, you'd get your ass slammed for saying anything desparaging about Marion Morrison, aka John Wayne.

Just remember - somebody loves you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5xBDdG9UI -

There are a lot of WW2 Vets who did not like John Wayne because he did not join any branch of the services. There were a bunch of Hollywood actors who did join. One other thing just this past week there was a documentary on John Wayne's death. While the filming of The Conqueror in Snow Canyon in southern Utah in I think 1953 or 54 they were in a high level area of atomic fall out from the tests in Nevada. About half the the actors and film personnel ended up with cancer.

if he had joined in 1941 and got killed.then we would not have had all those movies to enjoy.the fate of what GOD wanted. for Wayne to make movie's Marine's would enjoy.Crazy huh? Ron 68

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I HAVE MET MANY VETERAN'S WHO TALK MORE BAD CHIT ABOUT AMERICA THAN JOHN WAYNE EVER DID.BEING A VETERAN DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CANIDATE FOR THE GOOD GUY HALL OF FAME!!!

Thread Information