DLAB Practice Test?? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeab84 View Post
    Is there a DLAB practice test, besides the extremely easy one on the Navy recruit website? (seems like more of a tool to get people into the office than an actual measure of how well you may do on the test)

I was hoping to see how well I could do before asking my recruiter take the time to set it up for me.

Thanks again.

I've been fighting it... I didn't want to make a reply yet people keep posting in here....

there is a reason you have a real easy on on the navy recruit website... there are reasons for everything.

you will not see the test until they give it to you and honestly I think you shouldn't worry about taking a practice test.... you just need to show the good people in black that you can understand other languages and/or learn them quickly.

people... stop being an enabler to these kinds of questions... you only fuel these pointless threads... it's an addiction for them! you can't let it go on.

(I just watched season 1 of the cleaner on demand)

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoldman1 View Post
    http://www.deltagear.us/Kit&Tools/Kit/DLAB.htm buy this book and you will pass the DLAB
    Hey Dummy! Didn't we have this discussion the other day when you pm'd me telling me how wrong I was for informing some poolee that they can't study for a test that consists of a made up language? It tests your ability to comprehend gibberish. Once again, it even says on their website that if you read their material, you may increase your score by 20 points. It does not say that you will pass the test if you read their material. Gaining 20 points doesn't do someone much good when their initial score was a 30.

Also, I think you owe PiB an apology for the same damn sh!t you pulled with me. How about addressing the Marines on this site by their Rank or Sir/Ma'am. Who the hell are you to sit there and call him Bro? I guess ya'll are best friends right? He showed you those naked pics of his mom too huh? Don't come back until you have your, "I'm sorry" note ready.

You cant actually study for the actual test. i cant say too much but i took it myself and passed but its hard. dont think for a second your prepared because once you get going you will be dumbstruck and get stuck. just keep moving through and take your time.

like the asvap its timed and you can only hear them say the sentences/words/phrases once so ****ing pay attention seriously i dont know how much to stress that i said it to one of my buddies who went to go take it after me and he messed it all up. like i said before take your time, pay attention to the time in the corner and know how many questions are left so you know when you can think about it or if you just have to move faster to actually finish the test. i had no problems with the times except on the last part, i finished it with like 13 seconds left.

i suggest brush up on your english grammar very well. go to a used book store or a college buddy and get an excellent college english grammar book. learn every part of the sentence and learn to switch things around since in other languages various parts can/will be in a mixed order compared to english.

hope this helps a bit to everyone getting ready to take this test.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i took the dlab, the delta gear book was okay, but besides knowing the rules or whatnot, you shouldnt need to study, its either you get it or you dont, and fyi, i passed

Thread Information