Handgun Rules for On Base at Parris Island
Create Post

Handgun Rules for On Base at Parris Island

Just getting ready to go up for my sons Grad on Aug. 8. I have a concealed weapons permit and always travel with a weapon. What are the rules for keeping a handgun locked in your vehicle on base? Do they go by the SC rules? Thanks, Dave

My advice would be to just leave it home or at your hotel.

I am traveling in a motorhome and staying in the motorhome.

Leave it at home.

Call the Military Police (AKA: Provost Marshal's Office or PMO) at Parris Island and get it from the horse's mouth. Then do as they direct. It is highly doubtful that you will need your weapon at Parris Island. Even when I was in Federal Law Enforcement, there was a time and place for everything and sometimes left my weapon elsewhere when needed.

Semper Fi

You go according to S.C. concealed weapon law if you are allowed a concealed weapon in your motorhome in a glove compartment or any other locked place you are allowed to carry on base.

Quote Originally Posted by TazMatt View Post
    You go according to S.C. concealed weapon law if you are allowed a concealed weapon in your motorhome in a glove compartment or any other locked place you are allowed to carry on base.
    This is what I thought. Thanks, Dave

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I have a 35' RV and I use various base RV parks when traveling in different states. I have a decalon my RV to get me on military installations. If I am stopped,which I have been. I declare the firearm and show my concealed weapon permit. I never publicly display and I have a lock box to keep it in. I have never been told to put it in the armory. Although you would have no use for it unless you are using the range facilities.

When getting a temp pass declare it and show your carry permit...also have a means to secure....lock box,trigger lock and unloaded.

Thank you.

Thread Information