Boot camp, the platoon, any help?
Create Post

Boot camp, the platoon, any help?

Ladies and gentlemen. (bet that got your attention)

In 1960 I went to diego. Waited till Feb 61 for enough fools to show up like myself to form a platoon. I had the following: R.D. Amos as junior drill instructor. Lt Hollinshead at company commander. Thats all I remember, other than the Sgt or head D.I. was black man. Big, tough, fair.

I know that I was in the 3rd marine div. I believe my platoon was 115, however, with age, I lost three things, 1. Memory, 2. ? 3. Geex, I cannot remember .

If you could shed some light on what my platoon might have been or where to get the info, I would appreciate it. I even went to diego 3 yeas back and even they couldnt help me. Is there anywhere I can get this info? All ideas are welcomed and appreciated.

TD,
    Your memory loss is very evident
    I was a Drill Instructor from '65-'67 Recruit Platoons are formed within the 3 Recruit Regiments. If your platoon number was in fact 115, or started with a 1, you were in the 1st Battalion, Platoons starting with 2 or 3 were in that respective Battalion. If you go to this "Link" you can still order a book.

Good luck

Thanks gunny,, but I went to diego 3 yeaars ago, spent several hours going thru the pictures. could not find one that remotley looked like me. Hard to pick yourself out of a group picture back then. Truth is , they all looked like me , LOL> I do realize that 115 would mean First Div.

Is there any link or anything that might look up my DI? Or any link that list rosters of graduating classes? San Diego, I must admit , was really a waste of my time, unfornuately. Thank you for your answers and I really appreicate your help, anything or anyone else?

Thread Information