Oif 1/ Oif 2 - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Oif 1/ Oif 2

Quote Originally Posted by Komenko View Post
    Since when doesn't an airbase count for OIF1 and 2? I got my Campaign Medal so according to the Military it does count!
    But did you get a C.A.R?? The one that matters

Quote Originally Posted by 1812USMC View Post
    But did you get a C.A.R?? The one that matters
    Since when did getting a Combat Action Ribbon have anything to do about this conversation? Read all the posts please. Dback was complaining that those of us Marines who were posted on Air bases didn't count as being in OIF 1 and 2! I was in Al Asad and Yes I did leave the wire to fix the MSRs from the IEDs that were used on our convoys. No I never got the CAR, but 8 of the Marines in my company did after being hit with IEDs. So I think I'm lucky to do my tour with out being hit unlike the unit we replaced which lost 14 Marines from IEDs and small arms fire. So like I said this conversation had nothing to do with getting a CAR and if you would have looked at my sig you would have noticed that I don't have one!

Credits
    Savings
    I was in Iraq during the invasion and to get a CAR you had to be engaged by the enemy then menuver and return fire against the enemy. Now they have changed it where getting hit by a IED counts i think thats a slap in the face to every Marine who has been in a fire fight. The CAR has last its true meaning. I have two so if you want them you can have them. I dont need medals or ribbons to show that im a Marine or what i have done. Just my thoughts.

Thread Information