Oif 1/ Oif 2
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oif 1/ Oif 2

Oif 1/ Oif 2

Kinda quiet for a while. Anyone out there still care? Where did you serve?

I was in OIF 2-1 was with 2/24 in Muhmadiya, Lutafiyah, and Yusafiah

Ramadi with 2/5 September 04 - April 05 Went from Combat Outpost (before the Army took it over) to Hurricane Point then Junction City then back to HP. Funniest thing I've ever seen: 3 hadji's riding the same moped. The guy in the middle had a big grin on his face.

OIF 1 LOD - Al Hilla
    OIF 2 An Najaf

How do you know? I was lost in the sauce half the damn time. No one knew sh*t. All I remember is someone yelling "look its the Tigris River" or a sign that said Baghdad. LoL, I do remember Babylon though and some sculpture of an AK-47 wrapped in an Iraqi Flag. I must have Post Traumatic Disorder... cant remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by byoung54 View Post
    How do you know? I was lost in the sauce half the damn time. No one knew sh*t. All I remember is someone yelling "look its the Tigris River" or a sign that said Baghdad. LoL, I do remember Babylon though and some sculpture of an AK-47 wrapped in an Iraqi Flag. I must have Post Traumatic Disorder... cant remember anything.
    I can't remember half the towns we passed through or the areas we stopped at. Its a common occurrence when someone is in a high stress situation with little sleep.

High five for us Pete, forgetful ones.

OIF1 An Nasiriyah

I was in Ramadi (Blue Diamond) with 1st Intelligence Bn in 2004, Ramadi (HP) with 1/5 in 2005, Ramadi (HP - Gov Center) with 3/8 in 2006 and Ramadi (HP) again with 3/7 in 2007...now I'm in Baghdad as a contractor! I swear, I might as well buy property out here

I was in Fallujuah from 04 -05 it was a real experience for me. Why was the food better in iraq than on Camp Lejeune.

I went a little bit everywhere in 07. Lots of little towns, the one thing I remember most was almost getting into a fight with an Army Ranger in Baghdad only to find out that I had taken Spanish II in high school with the guy. He had graduated a couple years before me with my brother.

Other than that I just remember getting shot at sometimes, going through towns where like 5 yearolds would try to bum ciggs off of me, and IEDs in Ramadi.....for the most part though....unless I'm talking to another combat veteran....I usually dont like to talk about it....

Oh and to answer your question 2ndCEBSupply the reason the food was better in Iraq than at Camp Lejeune was because we werent at Camp Lejeune lol.

Amen, mgkusmc!!!
    0231marine- which contractor? I have a lot of friends in that line of work.

Quote Originally Posted by amarine0311 View Post
    Amen, mgkusmc!!!
    0231marine- which contractor? I have a lot of friends in that line of work.
    I was working on Camp Slayer for MNF-I

Thread Information