Oif 1/ Oif 2 - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oif 1/ Oif 2

Here's a picture of me test firing out of a UH-1N just outside of Al Asad.

OIF
    Fallujah Summer of '05
    Ramadi Sept '06 till May '07
    Weapons 1/6

Quote Originally Posted by Juicemang View Post
    Here's a picture of me test firing out of a UH-1N just outside of Al Asad.

When you fired your weapon did you yell out in a shrill voice, " get some, get some, ha ha ha" ?

No, but I did laugh my ass off as one of the pilots came over comms yelling "RIGHT SIDE CEASE FIRE!", because some dumb **** Iraqi on a donkey was about 20 meters away from the target collecting brass. Brass ninjas!

Quote Originally Posted by Juicemang View Post
    No, but I did laugh my ass off as one of the pilots came over comms yelling "RIGHT SIDE CEASE FIRE!", because some dumb **** Iraqi on a donkey was about 20 meters away from the target collecting brass. Brass ninjas!
    You should've lit the fvcker up, LMFAO !

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner 0313 View Post
    You should've lit the fvcker up, LMFAO !
    LOL, I'm sure the Major and Captain at the controls would have greatly appreciated that one.

Aug05-Mar06

I was in a PRP attached to 3/8 Lima Co and 2/1 in support of Operations Iron Fist, Steel Curtain, and River Gate.

Quote Originally Posted by byoung54 View Post
    High five for us Pete, forgetful ones.
    x3 All I remember is FALLUJAH!!!

26 Feb 04 - 29 Sept 04 Iraqi Freedom w/ IMHG
    09 Sept 05 - 17 Mar 06 OIF IV w/ CLB8 Transportation Support Co.
    Both were at Camp Fallujah

It was funny going back to Fallujah for the 2nd time. I remember us bombing the hell out of the city my 1st tour after that LtCol got killed by a mortar. You couldn't ride thru Fallujah if you were coming from or going to TQ. The Cloverleaf was crazy. Iraqis would leave mortar tubes in the junk yard that surrounded Camp Fallujah and fill them with ice, so when it melted the mortar would drop. Camp Fallujah wasn't built so we were there building it up. I remember at 1 point we didn't even have a chow hall, Just the MRE's that came in the Red packaging (Not really complaining cause I know the grunts were out there with barely that).

Then I come back my 2nd tour and Camp Fallujah had Dances on Fridays, a trailor park, 2 chow halls, hell it was damn near easy living out there. SMH. I had went out with a unit that me another LCpl & 2 Sgts. were the only Marines that had been to Iraq and they always complained to us about shlt. They just didn't even understand how good they had it.

Good Living there.

I served with TF Tarawa out of Ali Al Salem, as an Army Medevac Pilot; attached to the Brits for bit, then hopped up to dump just south of Nasirayah, then on to Al Kut. Ended up sharing a bunker with a bunch of FORCE RECON dudes at Al Kut.

Did another 12 months with the The Marines out at Al Asad/Korean Village 05-06.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by amarine0311 View Post
    Kinda quiet for a while. Anyone out there still care? Where did you serve?

All of it so far....

BIAP, BALAD, BAGRAM and other places that most have no clearance to hear about.....

Shut up. Airbases don't count. Bagram's Afghanistan or are you talking about the super secret one in Iraq that only you were at?

Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    All of it so far....

BIAP, BALAD, BAGRAM and other places that most have no clearance to hear about.....
    sounds kind of fake....

About myself, well I hit up a bunch of places

Spent the majority of the deployment in the CMOC in Fallujah
    Fallujah proper, patrolled and went into damn near every house in that place
    went to camp fallujah a couple of times for various things, casevacs and px runs mainly
    camp baharia, got to spend a day and a half there on R&R, which was supposed to be 2 days but got called back early over a suspected attack, which never happened

08-09
    COP akashat was home, some small little town on MSR silver right by syria
    syrian border, got to stand on the border berm and look across and see syria
    KV, korean village, nice chowhall, pretty small
    Al Asad, like being back home. Spent like a month there before and after being at the COP. It had one of the best gyms I've ever been to.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dback13 View Post
    Shut up. Airbases don't count. Bagram's Afghanistan or are you talking about the super secret one in Iraq that only you were at?
    Oh yeah, you know lots about the AF I am sure. As a matter of fact I was at one that shall go unmentioned in Iraq. You want me to violate my disclosure statements and put everything on Front Street to make you feel better? You're a joke.

Thread Information