Oif 1/ Oif 2 - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oif 1/ Oif 2

Quote Originally Posted by mgkusmc View Post
    I went a little bit everywhere in 07. Lots of little towns, the one thing I remember most was almost getting into a fight with an Army Ranger in Baghdad only to find out that I had taken Spanish II in high school with the guy. He had graduated a couple years before me with my brother.

Other than that I just remember getting shot at sometimes, going through towns where like 5 yearolds would try to bum ciggs off of me, and IEDs in Ramadi.....for the most part though....unless I'm talking to another combat veteran....I usually dont like to talk about it....

Oh and to answer your question 2ndCEBSupply the reason the food was better in Iraq than at Camp Lejeune was because we werent at Camp Lejeune lol.

That only states the obvious LOL. I feel you on the i dont like to talk about it part, i dont like to be someones amusment for a good story.

CAMP FALLUJAH BOTH TOURS...
    FEB 04 - SEPT O4: IMEF/MHG MOTOR T
    SEPT 05 - MAR 06: RCT 8/CLB 8 TS Co.

HAD A HELL OF ALOTTA CLOSE CALLS WITH THE MORTARS MY 1ST TOUR...

OIF 1- All over southern Iraq with an MST. Made as far north as Al-Kut.

OIF 2- FOB Kalsu with the 24th MEU. Operated in Mussayib, Iskandayriah, Latifyiah, Yusifiah, Mahmudiah, Hilla, Fallujah and a bunch of other villages in the North Babil AO.

The Marines I served with were amongst the finest in the world and I wouldn't trade my time next to them for anything.

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by usmchauer View Post
    Ramadi with 2/5 September 04 - April 05 Went from Combat Outpost (before the Army took it over) to Hurricane Point then Junction City then back to HP. Funniest thing I've ever seen: 3 hadji's riding the same moped. The guy in the middle had a big grin on his face.
    Visited you a few times out there at COP, hauer. Went from Ramadi (BD and Camp Ramadi/JC) in Aug-Oct 04 to Fallujah for Al Fajr and then was all over and around that area (Fallujah, Ramadi, TQ, Karmah, Saqalweigha (sp?), Ferris, etc.

Were you at Combat Outpost when the terp got rolled up?

S/F

OIF 4 Anti - Terrorism Battalion Combined Anti Armor Team 2 Red Section. Call Sign Nemesis. Eastern Iraq Balad Bakuba, Diyala province.

OIF 1: Kuwait the the initial push to Baghdad turn it over to 101st Aireborne then to Karbala.

OIF 2: Al Qaim, Husaybah, Camp Gannon and FOB Tiger....What is was called then...Not sure they call it now.

OIF 3: Ar Ramadi Hurrican Point -Gov Center.

All with 3/7 kilo

OIF II
    Feb 04' - Oct 04'
    At first it was Junction City, then the Army (Big Red 1, to be exact) changed it to F.O.B. Ramadi. With Btry K, 3rd Bn 11th Mar. Right across the way from Blue Diamond and Hurricane point.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ok newbie question here, whats this OIF1 and OIF2 stuff, what did we invade twice? I was there for the 03 invasion. What category dose that fall in.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    never mind, i get it now, it means tours

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by oifvet23 View Post
    never mind, i get it now, it means tours
    OIF I & II were simple enough-when did the numbering system break down and what does it all mean? my understanding is if you can't write your tour in Roman Numerals, you missed it... (I had the honor of setting the conditions for a free Iraq in OIF's 05-07.1 and 06-08.something.)

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    OIF I & II were simple enough-when did the numbering system break down and what does it all mean? my understanding is if you can't write your tour in Roman Numerals, you missed it... (I had the honor of setting the conditions for a free Iraq in OIF's 05-07.1 and 06-08.something.)
    I always thought it was like this
    03 OIF I
    04 OIF II
    05 OIF III
    06 OIF IV
    07 OIF V
    08 OIF VI

have I been wrong this whole time?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Be careful, I was called a poser for not knowing by somebody who dose not even know where iraq is on a map.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by mgkusmc View Post
    I always thought it was like this
    03 OIF I
    04 OIF II
    05 OIF III
    06 OIF IV
    07 OIF V
    08 OIF VI

have I been wrong this whole time?
    Yeah, that's what I thought 'til I went, and came back with those funky op designators. 05-07 and 06-08. Those would seem to overlap but were 14 mo. apart...

Hmmmm now I'm confused cause I've seen guys on here who I know for a fact are Marines and have only served one tour and they'll say they were in OIF IV or OIF V.......hmmmm weird.

Credits
    Savings
    They refer to it as that, but that is not the official designation. Don't know what to tell you. It is in my SRB and citations in that way.

Thread Information