This Sucks
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Sucks

This Sucks

So my recruiter just called me and told me I may have my shipping date pushed back because apparently there are to many people in boot and there kicking people out so now I found out my ship date could be pushed out to July if not August. This really sucks, I wanted to leave in June and now it looks like I'll have to wait another month or two till I can ship oh well I suppose I'll stay motivated and work harder.

-Brown

Hey, it just gives you more time to prepare. Stay positive. That does suck though.

Hurry up and wait, get used to it. You'll be alright

That sucks but, you'll be more prepared when you do go. That's a plus.

I guess you'll just have to hang around with us longer.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Hurry up and wait, get used to it. You'll be alright
    I'm used to waiting I was just so damn amped to leave in 2 weeks that it sucks to be set back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullpup View Post
    Hey, it just gives you more time to prepare. Stay positive. That does suck though.
    Yeah that is the positive aspect of it but I'll definitely stay motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by DGardner View Post
    That sucks but, you'll be more prepared when you do go. That's a plus.

I guess you'll just have to hang around with us longer.
    Ha ha yeah I'll get to hangout in the pool just a little longer.

-Brown

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DBrown View Post
    So my recruiter just called me and told me I may have my shipping date pushed back because apparently there are to many people in boot and there kicking people out so now I found out my ship date could be pushed out to July if not August. This really sucks, I wanted to leave in June and now it looks like I'll have to wait another month or two till I can ship oh well I suppose I'll stay motivated and work harder.

-Brown
    You will be glad you get to go in Aug instead of June, so many damn kids their. The ones leaving in June, they are going to be packed into the squad bays, they had to bring in extra bunks and set them sideways for recruits when i was there. I was told less people in Aug and further on.

Credits
    Savings
    First lesson of becoming a Marine, hurry up a wait. You've heard of Semper Fi, learn Semper Gummby ( always flexible ).

You're lucky. August is when all the cool kids go to Boot.

Quote Originally Posted by DBrown View Post

-Brown
    You should talk to your recruiter about putting you at the top if somebody else for some reason drops out. I had told my recruiter I want to leave ASAP and my contract has me leaving in September, but now I'll most likely be leaving June 16th. I don't know about where you live but around here I guess a lot of kids DEP in early on when they are doing good in school but by the end of the school year they aren't able to pass and can't go. I know another kid got mad about something and punched out a window and screwed up his hand so he's getting pushed back as well--things happen, maybe you'll get lucky. Not to say I'm glad that others failed high school but it happens so there's an open spot.

Don't sweat it , just stay ready, boot camp will still be there. My original date was June 1st. Two weeks prior it was changed due to my mos being filled. Well Parris Island was still there when I finally shipped Dec 1st.

I couldn't wait that long. More opportunity to get in trouble for me and my mom would break down mentally. The sooner I ship the sooner she will get over with this shyte.

Use that time wisely!

Cool Update

Well, I just recieved news from my recruiter that I'm slated to leave for boot in late July or early August, but I'm currently slated for September since everything got all FUBAR but this gives me more time to prepare which is the plus side and I'll know officially when I'm living within the next week once sh*t gets settled.

-Brown

June 9th, huh?? Same here. I'm going to take the time to look at more MOSs, etc. Also train. Look at it as a positive. If you are ready, use it to get into even better shape. This extra month of prep could be the difference between leaving boot as a private and a PFC or LCpl.

Thread Information