Serial numbers? - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial numbers?

Serial numbers

My Serial number was W711***, we were paid in cash. Sempers, Sheila Hays.

My husband join the Marines in 1975 and his service number was his SS number. so it has been in effect for quite some time.

I have given my serial # so many times. In 1959 it was W711***. Semper Fi, Sheila Hays

was in the wing at eltoro in 71. all our records and id had both

I can't remember where I seen it, but I want to say there is a fairly recent Maradmin directing RAPIDS to stop using SSN's as identification and placing them on ID cards in the future.

I never liked that our information was pretty much available to anybody and that all of our administrative and legal documents were tied to our SSN's.

I think also that I read, maybe I misunderstood, but there's a Federal Law that says that a persons SSN can't be used as a identification means...it's only to be used for pay and taxation purposes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey View Post
    ...I think also that I read, maybe I misunderstood, but there's a Federal Law that says that a persons SSN can't be used as a identification means...it's only to be used for pay and taxation purposes etc...
    I don't have a supporting link but I believe that's the case also, SSgt. We've got a lot of different entities moving away from using SSN for identification.

Union backed benefit plans for health care are still lagging behind, and a lot of state backed benefits like Medicare/Medicaid HMO's require a social.

The ID number for a Medicare patient is still a Social Security number with an alpha prefix or suffix.

I can't remember where I seen it, but I want to say there is a fairly recent Maradmin directing RAPIDS to stop using SSN's as identification and placing them on ID cards in the future.

I never liked that our information was pretty much available to anybody and that all of our administrative and legal documents were tied to our SSN's.

I think also that I read, maybe I misunderstood, but there's a Federal Law that says that a persons SSN can't be used as a identification means...it's only to be used for pay and taxation purposes etc.
    Here is a link that I found relating to the use of SS numbers, it may be of some help.

I'm sure I ****ed off my local courthouse when I submitted my concealed weapons permit form sans SSN and also blacked out my SSN in my DD214 I provided them

If it comes back disapproved, I'm going to go see Mr Lawyer about discrimination and wrongful denial because I didnt' use my SSN.

I'm not a felon, I'm a retired member of the US Armed Forces, and I have no outstanding warrants...

I live in Fl. & have submitted forms for background checks using my drivers lic. num and blanking out the ss field. They came back approved. I haven't tried a concealed weapons permit but did purchase a shotgun w/o ss#.

Mine were 138XXXX
    and 073XXX

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm sure I ****ed off my local courthouse when I submitted my concealed weapons permit form sans SSN and also blacked out my SSN in my DD214 I provided them

If it comes back disapproved, I'm going to go see Mr Lawyer about discrimination and wrongful denial because I didnt' use my SSN.

I'm not a felon, I'm a retired member of the US Armed Forces, and I have no outstanding warrants...
    They don't need an SSN to check for outstanding warrants. All that is needed is your full name, race/gender, DOB. The SSN is helpful to rule you in or out if warrants come back on someone with the same name (a fairly frequent event actually).

But that is where fingerprints are the most determanative (if the guy with warrants has prints on file). With fingerprint files so heavily digitized these days, it is quite easy to rule people in or out as wanted or as convicted felons. Not foolproof, but much easier than it used to be (which was also not foolproof).

Serial numbers

Here's my serial # W711***, not my social security #. I'm glad they didn't have us use it. Semper Fi Sheila Hays

Thread Information