Serial numbers? - Page 13
Create Post
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial numbers?

2650xxx and I remember when they changed to SSn. Thought it was a fool idea and if I remember correctly.... I thought there were many fool ideas coming out of whomever made the decisions during that time.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by cedarbird6 View Post
    I have 3 daughters, and I could never keep their names straight. I have 7 grandkids and I have to think twice before I call their names, and even then some times I get them mixed up..

It is virtually impossible for me to forget my service number. During boot inspection our DI would look at my rifle number and ask for my service number. Naturally I gave out my rifle number.

The DI would give that eye-ball to eye-ball dagger stare and ask why my forcken service number was the same as my forking rifle number…

So my SN is 15611**
    I cannot explain why it is I can remember it so clearly
    You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Samo, samo, re; the rifle number and service number.

I still remember my number.

Yes I do remember my Ser#2145xxx and I do remember my first rifle number 11856 don't know why I remember that first rifle could be becuase the Gunny casme in one day and tosed them all in a pile they said that we better get out rifle not or else. Well the or else was doing squats till the cow came home I did not know one could do that many squats and not die.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Funny, I can't remember any of my rifle serial numbers, including the last one I had in the Air Guard. I did have them memorized at the time.

My service number is another matter. I've never forgotten it.

2096XXX, Swore in 5-5-64 in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog43701 View Post
    right...jan '02 went to ssn...everyonw still remember thier service #?
    Can't forget.....it's a Tat.

24751xx never ever forget it. They use SS #'s now don't they?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    i do 24529## cant remember my phone #,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,usmc

My son is shipping out to PI on Jan. 10th. At MEPS he got his own barcode. If you scan it, his ssn# pops right up!!! I'm thinking THAT'S an ID fraud opportunity, big time!

No problem with remembering my service number: 2012xxx and really don't understand what the reason was to go to using SS#'s

service number is 1485912. too many rifles to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar View Post
    I have been out of the Corp for a few years now but I heard something that I never heard of and it is hard to believe. Someone told me that the Marine Corp went from using serial numbers to using SS#s, Is this true, if it is, who is the moron responsible for that.
    Mine was 2747xxx in Dec 1971 MCRD PI

Semper Fi

mine was 2185xxxx in 1965 PLT 3008 mcrd.

Ignacio 65-69 Semper Fi

MCRD Serial #

Goodness gracious guys,am I the oldest old fart around? Serial # from Parris Island SC was 1397925. Forgot my M-1 rifle number about 5 years ago. You'all hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by watercat View Post
    Goodness gracious guys,am I the oldest old fart around? Serial # from Parris Island SC was 1397925. Forgot my M-1 rifle number about 5 years ago. You'all hang in there.
    Since Silverdollar's S/N is 148XXXX AND he enlisted the same year (1954)as you makes me wonder how "blocks" of "S/N"s were issued. It sure doesn't seem like the Corps trained 90,000 a year as the reason your two S/N's are that far apart.

My 1800052 S/N was assigned in 1957 (and most everyone I was in bootcamp with with had 160XXXX S/Ns).

And I asked once in this Forum what happened to the 170XXXX series but no-one seemed to know.

So maybe some other blocks of S/N's were skipped.

Thread Information