Painting Canal Boats in the United Kingdom
Create Post

Painting Canal Boats in the United Kingdom

Up until two years ago I earned a fairly good living by painting canal boats on the canal system in the UK. Finally due to injuries received whilst serving in the Corps I had to stop as to be honest I kept falling into the canal due to the fact that my left leg and spine were damaged, plus as I got older the injuries came to the fore. So my Doctor urged me to retire from that particular job.

Anyway, One job nearly did my head in! I'd painted this guys boat as much as I could do but he would not give me the name of the boat. I'd charged him $3500 for the work but could not get the money until I'd painted on the boats name.

As you can well imagine I was less than happy. Every day I'd arrive at his boat and ask what the name of the boat was. The boat was a new one and he just could not make up his mind what to call it. It got to such a point that I demanded to know the boats name or to heck with it he would have to fork out for the work done and do without the name.

Still no joy out of the useless Eeijut! Come the end of our time I once again asked him the name of the boat and once more told him that if he didn't give me the name then to heck with the job, best he just pay me what he owed me!

Well. He got a sad and and said the imortal words "WHATEVER", got into his car and drove off giving me a haughty look. Well, he asked for it so I painted the following onto his canal boat;

And then left the boat with my bill attached to the boats tiller. An hour later he phoned me. The boats name was duly painted on both sides, I got me money and we never saw each other again.

As it was I used watercolors to paint on the name but he didn;t know that did he then?

Steve Evans

Credits
    Savings
    Good one

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Preacher said,"the paint on my chuuch seems a little thin". The painter said " Pastor, I thinned it a little" Preacher said " REPAINT, AND THIN NO MORE"

Nice one Steve

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    WHATEVER, better than HMS Douchebag

Thread Information