Mcl
Create Post

Thread: Mcl

Mcl

Jim thanks for starting this thread. Thanks for lettimg me be the first to post. I just got nominated to serve my 2nd year as Commandant at Air land SEA DET 710 Nutley N J It has been a great 1st year. i know the 2nd one will be better

Congratulations!

We just had our first meeting to organize a MCL in my hometown, Wednesday night at the local American Legion, we had 25 Marines show up. Next step is to see if each guy can grab another Marine for the next meeting, and then when we charter we'll have more then enough! I can't wait to get our league up and running!

Semper Fi Marines

Might be just a dumb boot question, but how exactly does the MCL work? Is it strictly for retired/former Marines, or can active duty participate as well.

mcl

the MCL is an org of Marine veterans and active duty Marines. they have detachments all around the country. Active and reserve Marines, honorably discharged and corpsman who served with the fleet are eligible to join. J ust google Marine Corps League for more info

Semper Fi Roger Maccagnano
    Commandant Air Land Sea detachment 710
    Nutley NJ

Thanks for the information Cpl!

you can visit: www.mcleague.com for all your questions regarding the Marine Corps League

Las Vegas Leatherneck Club "numba one"

A group of my Marine Corps buddies and I visited the Las Vegas Leatherneck Club this weekend. They have a great museum, the best bartender in the world, and worldly, friendly patrons.

Semper Fi
    Jim

Just installed as new Commandant for our Detachment, so belly up the bar, this round' s on me fellows.

Congratulations to semperfiman and Native Warrior on your Commandant status. I joined a MCL (Albert E. Shockey Det.) just over a year ago. I just got voted in as the Adjutant and was sworn-in last week. When I was in the Marines, I didn't even know about the Marine Corps League.

**** u baby killing **** u********* ****er cuunt neo-nazi

Just an update...we are chartering the Marine Corps League, Plymouth Detachment, on Tuesday June 3rd, 2008. We are chartering with about 50 Marines from the local area. I've been appointed the Detachment "Paymaster." Any Marines out there from the Boston area (south shore,) contact me, if you want to join us. Still plenty of time to be part of the charter......

Semper Fi Marines

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    Congratulations!

We just had our first meeting to organize a MCL in my hometown, Wednesday night at the local American Legion, we had 25 Marines show up. Next step is to see if each guy can grab another Marine for the next meeting, and then when we charter we'll have more then enough! I can't wait to get our league up and running!

Semper Fi Marines

Congrats on your new charter bro welcome to the MCL

congratulations on the new charter, Heads up and Looking forward, continue the march.

Mcl

Semper Fi Marines.

I've been in the Marine Corps League now for a couple years, and it's nice to be amongst Marines at the meetings and events. I haven't been too active lately, as I'm working in Iraq atm. But, when I get home, I get to a meeting for sure. I'm a dual member with the Contad F. Kania Det. #230 North Tonawanda, NY & Lt. John Paul Bobo Det. #1118 Niagara Falls, NY. Amazingly, I've become keen to checking my change from the bartender as I usually end up with an old coin or bill from some of the old timers; their coffee cans at home.

If you Marines find yourself in the Falls, be sure to get down to River Rd. along the upper Niagara River and visit the Marine Corps Monument. It has the largest Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in the world, and a fine tribute to all Marines past, present, and future.

The Conrad Kania Det. also operates the "Chesty Puller Express II" in parades and festivals. It's an old school bus converted into a train. Be sure to hop on board and meet the Gunny, and have a cold one with us.

The Lt. Bobo Det. is in the process of securing a new home of our own. A meeting place, and environment for Marines and veterans to visit. Our own Tun Tavern and headquarters. One of my reasons for this post - we're soliciting any ideas, suggestions, including some pics of any bar designs that any Marines have seen. We're not looking to copy anyone just some ideas to make this a nice gentlemens and veterans club. A place to build to facilitate the Young Marines, Toys For Tots, VA programs and a place for Marines to come get a hot bowl of soup in the winter and a cold drink in the summer.

Some ideas that have we have already is to have the back bar with a mirror and the flag raising of Mt. Suribachi etched into it. Yellow footprints outside the main entrance. An area in the dining room for a fallen Marines place setting.

So if anyone has any ideas the please send any them and any pics to: crashcrewmarine@gmail.com

We eventually want to build from this place to get a larger area of property for the Young Marines to practice drill movements, and maybe even a rifle range for our rifle team, and any members who just want to stop in and do target shooting. Thanks for any help.

Oorah!
    http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/userpage..._KANIA-492.php

Thread Information