Adderall question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you Sgt. Sparks, I certainly don't plan on giving up. I've never wanted anything this much before, so I'm willing to do what it takes. The whole reason I am getting frustrated is because I thought I was all set and I hit a bump; just takes the wind out of the sails for a minute. I'm still going, even if it means I wait til next June. More time to PT, right?

Like I've said before its time to spend with your family your friends anything you care about or love to do. You won't find as much time in the Marine Corps. Hit is up until you get so sick of it. You'll miss it, sure as hell know I do sometime, but I wouldn't give up this for anything.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, gobuffs, since you seem to understand at least part of the Way of the Corps, I'll explain a little about WHY you have be off Adderall as long as you do.

First, as an upper, the Corps wants it totally out of your system. Second, they want to make sure there are no lingering after effects from taking it, such as a recurrance of why it was prescribed in the first place (some people do get Adderall for really good reasons). Only time can tell that part, hence the delay.

You show up at MEPS with a history of taking Adderall, and the docs will check for certain things to make sure you're cool without it (like making sure you're not drooling down the front of your shirt). Don't think about lying about the history, it always comes back to haunt you.

Good luck

Thank you for the explanation, Sir. I will not lie, I'm just going to hope my letter from my doctor will be good enough...he knows I have not taken it but I am the one who asked him to keep prescribing it so my mom would get off my back. Long story, but I've been seeing him for years, so we're pretty tight.

Luckily, what works in my favor is that I don't actually have diagnosable ADD or ADHD, I just had enough symptoms to where he said it would help, so when the MEPS docs check me, I should be cool in that department. Plus I used to smoke a lot of weed, that kinda killed the focus...being off that **** has been AMAZING, I see the world so much differently, without a narcotic haze lingering around me. I'm able to pay attention to stuff and remember things for more than ten minutes. 'where are my keys? in my pocket!! WHOA how did I KNOW that??'

Use the time (however long you have to wait) for PT, PT and more PT......also, learning your General Orders wouldn't hurt......My kid has Inattentive ADD, He was on Adderall before 4-5th grade....anyway, when he hit 6th grade, We said fvk it, and pulled his ass out of the public school system, private school was worse, We've homeschooled since. He's the best, coolest, funniest, and interesting 15 year old I know.....good luck man, kevin

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    (sitting over here sipping on a brew and munchin' popcorn)

gobuffs - if you can't handle the frustration of just getting in, what you gonna do when the $h!t hits the fan. Patience Grasshoppa!

Yeah really, LCpl...I don't know! I will figure it out though. I have some time, it appears. Must learn to deal with frustration, must PT, must learn General Orders...I'm on it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    good boy

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    good boy
    Your actin hot, Overcome.

Thread Information