Adderall question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adderall question

Hey everyone. I did a search and didn't find my answer, so here goes.

I used to take Adderall, have not in over 2 years, but I still get the scrip filled cause my mom thinks it makes my grades better.

So my recruiter said I have to be off for a year, which I have been easily, but since I still have a record of getting the scrip filled it may cause trouble. I have to get a note from the doc who prescribed it saying I stopped taking it, don't need it, but still have the prescription. That won't be a problem, but he said that letter may not make a bit of difference.

So my question is, why can felons get in, fat kids, kids who used to smoke tons of weed, gang members and the like all get in, but I have to wait because I had some focus issues? It just really makes no sense to me whatsoever...anyone in the know care to enlighten me?

Also, why can't Officer Selection recruiters deal with regular enlisted guys like me? My recruiter is an Officer Selection recruiter, and today I drove to go sign my papers for the ASVAB and stuff, and I got there and he tells me he forgot, he is an Officer Selection guy and therefore cannot help me sign any papers. I have to go to an enlisted recruiter, who will supposedly contact me, not me him. Aren't we all going into the same Corps? Why can he not help me with my papers?

This is all just really disheartening...right when I start working hard for something, like I have never done, all this **** keeps popping up. Started PT, lost weight, getting ready to get this going, and now I have to keep waiting...I'm not getting any younger here. I'm sorry for whining...today just kinda crushed all of my excitement.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs10
    I'm not getting any younger here.
    LMFAO over here!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, let see. You're 20-years old and you still get your Adderall scrip filled because mommy thinks it's good for you.

The scrip continually being re-filled means there is a strong presumption that you are still taking the medication. Thus, you need to stop getting the scrip filled no matter what mommy says.

What is she going to say about you going in the Marine Corps? God forbid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    Well, let see. You're 20-years old and you still get your Adderall scrip filled because mommy thinks it's good for you.

The scrip continually being re-filled means there is a strong presumption that you are still taking the medication. Thus, you need to stop getting the scrip filled no matter what mommy says.

What is she going to say about you going in the Marine Corps? God forbid.
    She was not too thrilled, but it's not her choice, so oh well. She at least is not one of those moms who is going to yell at and curse the recruiter. But if mommy is paying for college and it makes her happy to think I'm taking Adderall, I can make the trip to the pharmacy.

Haha glad I could make you laugh Kim. I only say I'm not getting younger because I just want to goooooooo!!

Thats LCpl Kim and I sugest you find some fortitute.

One question would be WTF are you doing with all of that adderall that your not taking??

Also, if you're going enlisted, why is your recruiter an OSO?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken1002
    Thats LCpl Kim and I sugest you find some fortitute.
    I don't really even know what to say to that. I'm sorry for not addressing you by your rank LCpl, I am still a dirtbag civilian, and I fail.

I threw the Adderall away, as it is the most horrid thing ever invented. I got the generic kind, so it only cost 10 bucks for 90 of them. I woulda sold it, but it's really not worth the Class 2 felony conviction when some kid gets caught with it and gives the police my name. Plus, as a former stoner, I will tell you drug dealers/users are the scum of the earth. In high school I had to take 30mgs daily, and would just freak out when I had no work to do and end up sitting at my desk scratching the **** out of my arms cause I had to do SOMETHING with my hands. Really anxious, that's all it made me...but sadly my grades DID improve, a lot, on the Adderall. But when I got out of high school I swore it off, and I just got it to make my mom feel better, because my grades went up, and she told me to keep taking it cause it helped. It's really not worth it. I have figured out that I am 20 and can make myself study without some stupid pills that just make me feel like ****.

Yeah I dunno, when I filled out the thing on Marines.com, because I said I was in college, the first person to contact me was an OSO, and I did not know there was a difference because I'm a dumb 20-year-old kid. What I can't figure out is why he didn't say anything sooner...oh well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Damm, Where'd it go? I know I had the worlds smallest violin around here somewhere.

Anyone seen the Waaaaaabulance lately...?

With all due respect, Sirs, what the **** did I do? I asked two questions, and the response has been to make fun of me. That's real constructive. It's supposed to be a forum to help poolees but whenever they ask a question they get their heads bitten off. In my first post I said SORRY FOR WHINING. I am sorry, but it has been a frustrating process, and when I try to get some answers I get nothing but ****. I am simply asking for the reasoning behind making it a year off Adderall. It's only 6 months for antidepressants. So they're going to turn some depressed kid lose with a rifle but some kid who can't pay attention has to wait a year to adjust? I simply fail to see the logic and I am wondering if anyone has any idea as to why it is how it is, Sir. I am looking for answers and coming up with none.

Although I do remember the two rules...
    1) the Marine is always right and
    2) When the Marine is wrong, see above

so let me rephrase...the potential poolee is wondering why he has to wait a year for adderall to be out of his system, and what the reasoning is, SIR

You need an attitude adjustment and quick here son. You tone and your disdain is really coming off bad. You are speaking to some of the most helpful and nice people here and to tell you the truth they are my mentors and my friends.

Welcome to your first lesson of the Marine Corps. You will get made fun of. At times no one cares, but if you cop a damn attitude and act like you rate something for whatever reason you will get eaten alive. Take the asschewing with a grain of salt, the criticism to heart, and the praise like a blessing from God and don't stop doing what your doing. Knowing this will get you far.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Look, Son. We all know there doesn't have to be a reason,,,,,Just policy..... Don't give up,,, But we have been there, and sometimes brick walls really suk. We ain't on your azz yet. Don't blow yerself up. Personally, I'm all for ya.
    If you can't overcome us?????????????????

And Buggs, I knew ya as a pup.

Yes sir, the wannabe is sorry for his disrespect and his attitude and his whining.

Everyone here has been very helpful for the most part; I just fail to understand why most of the posts replying to my attempt to get some help are just to give me ****. I guess I do not rate an explanation though, and not everything has a reason. I realize I have a lot of adjusting to do before I go, which is why I am a wannabe and not a poolee or Marine.

Please accept my apologies, Sir...I want nothing more than to be able to get my shot and all these things keep popping up and I am not good at dealing with frustration. I'm hoping the Corps will help me grow thicker skin. Once again, I am sorry.

Love ya Sparkie, just see some of the qualities of some of our not so great boots and I dont need that **** in my team my squad or anywhere in the Marine Corps. I'm a nice guy who can be an ass if I need to...you know. I'll leave it to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Son,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs10
    Yes sir, the wannabe is sorry for his disrespect and his attitude and his whining.

Everyone here has been very helpful for the most part; I just fail to understand why most of the posts replying to my attempt to get some help are just to give me ****. I guess I do not rate an explanation though, and not everything has a reason. I realize I have a lot of adjusting to do before I go, which is why I am a wannabe and not a poolee or Marine.

Please accept my apologies, Sir...I want nothing more than to be able to get my shot and all these things keep popping up and I am not good at dealing with frustration. I'm hoping the Corps will help me grow thicker skin. Once again, I am sorry.
    Our best advice,,,,,, Don't Friggen give up. Harassment here comes easy,,,, Life is tough. I think you won't.
    And Buggs,,, I'm proud of you,,,, You didn't give up.

Thread Information