Che Guevara
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Don't you hate it when you see kids walking around with those che guevara shirts or bumper stickers? People don't realize who the heck this guy actually is, they only wear these shirts beause its "trendy and cool". Everytime I see somebody with one of those shirts I inform them that Guevara was a communist guerilla fighter who was responsible for the deaths of thousands of people just because they didn't agree with his political views. The man was a monster and when I see fellow Americans glorifying him it makes me so mad because they don't realize he stands against everything we Americans believe in; democracy, capitalism and even human rights. I think they like him because he is a "rebel" icon, but have no idea what types of atrocities he committed. Does this anger anybody else or am I the only one?

makes me sick

I sense this thread getting deleted...

Roger that... I cant stand that s*it either. I hate hippies.

why would this be deleted? I am discussing a topic about a war criminal on a military website...

Political topics in poolee forum tend to get deleted.

"Rule Ten there will no political threads or posts of any kind in the recruit forums, you are here to concentrate on the yellow foot steps not politics!"

oh i see, where should i post something like this then?

Quote Originally Posted by Domforce24
    oh i see, where should i post something like this then?
    On another forum or not until you earn the title here!

I dont think it should get deleted. I dont thinks its politcal . I think he has a good point. F*ck hippies.

I agree, f*ck hippies and commies. hippie stompin time

altho the peter griffin version of the shirt does make me laugh..

Credits
    Savings
    Absolutely Outlaw, let it stay. Too many kids have no idea about history. Schools aren't teaching it, or not teaching all of it. They need educated about people like Che. A kid at church was wearing the shirt and thought it was just a cool revolutionary. After being informed of who he was, and what he did the kid was appaled.

I don't see any harm in the youngster talking about fashion. He is right though.

Don't Kid yourself

Most people who wear that type of shirt know who he was.Alot of these people think being a commie is COOL.

Credits
    Savings
    Dave, I agree with you on a college age kid or some one older. With all the more they teach in high schools, I'm not sure the younger ones really know who he was or what he did.

Not necessarily about Che directly, but. . .

I think a big thing would be for some of these kids/people to talk to someone who has experienced Communism first hand. I knew a couple kids years ago that were really into Communism and openly said so. At the time I just ignored it and chalked it up to ignorance. Later on though my dad had a co-worker who was from Russia and lived there while the KGB was still in effect. I only met her once or twice but she mentioned how they had to cover their phones and talk softly because you never knew if someone was listening. When she finally came to America she was so surprised by things a lot of us wouldn't think of--I know she said the biggest thing was the selection of foods in the grocery stores. I also dated a girl for a while who's family was from Poland and her mom and dad grew up there while it was under Communism and he was telling me how bad it was. They never had enough of essentials like toilet paper and the grocery stores had only odds and ends if anything at all. So bottom line they see a cool-looking picture of a character that has been glorified and don't really know who he is, what he was about, or about those political systems and their effects.

Thread Information