Deploying Untrained Personnel???
Create Post

Deploying Untrained Personnel???

Help me out, please, with some info? My son, a 19-year-old Pvt. stationed in NC, was just informed that he is being deployed to the 24th MEU to replace an electrician who was killed (I saw there were two, actually, on April 15th). He has had only basic MCT, and just got through his basic electrician course. He has had no pre-deployment training -- no special exercises. Pre-deployment training, as I understand it, is weeks of intense work. What can they possibly be thinking??

Spiderbite

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My son is rehabbing - Same MOS, Same Training, if he passes his PT by Jan 09 than he ships. They are not in the business of sending untrained Marines into harms way. He'll be ready.

It sounds as if there will be another electrician there to teach him the ropes. I used to be HVAC, was always in the Engineers platoon, electricians are usually in that platoon too. Lots of cross-training went on there. Do you know when he goes? Do you know what happened to the other electrician? Were there 2 electricians that were killed?

All I can say (and from the bottom of my heart) is that your son's new unit is going to know that he just got out of MOS school and they are NOT going to put him in any situation that he is not ready for. Depending on what his platoon will be doing over there, he may have more time and training than he can stand once he gets over there.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    All I can say (and from the bottom of my heart) is that your son's new unit is going to know that he just got out of MOS school and they are NOT going to put him in any situation that he is not ready for.

They are ALL depending on each other. He'll be taken care of

Thread Information