Hey! New poolee here! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade
    I've heard quite the contrary from Master Sergeant above; guides, platoon leaders and scribes tend to get promoted.
    I'm just saying that other Marines I have spoken with always seem to say to not volunteer and to basically "lay low" during boot camp (meaning don't try to get the attention of the Drill Instructors).

Ya of course. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Haynes
    Aye aye, Master Sergeant! I was meaning to ask if they took volunteers for lay men. I thought at first that they randomly picked people.
    Lol, the funny thing is, other Marines always tell me never to volunteer for anything.
    You will hear never volunteer for anything from many Marines and in most cases that is a very true statement.

In your case, recruits form a circle each evening during BDR for 5 mins. They go to whatever circle they want to and get some words of wisdom from each other. The Lay-reader is responsible for his circle and as time goes on, the recruits that do not want to go to a circle tend to find some sort of motivation when they get their 5 minutes for prayer or whatever religion they prefer. Then those recruits may end up at your circle or gathering. You may just be that one that can help a recruit through by setting the example and being a good team player.

OK when that is done it is lights out and get ready for some slaying when lights come on............

DI's will know the difference between a Motivated recruit, and a kiss ass....I alway's heard don't volunteer for anything, Well....got to visit about 20 countries and got out with 7 ribbons for volunteering.....It's kind of silly to Join the United States Marine Corps and be afraid to volunteer for Things, Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak
    DI's will know the difference between a Motivated recruit, and a kiss ass....I alway's heard don't volunteer for anything, Well....got to visit about 20 countries and got out with 7 ribbons for volunteering.....It's kind of silly to Join the United States Marine Corps and be afraid to volunteer for Things, Don't you think?
    I agree Corporal. I'll volunteer for anything I can aside from scribe since I would get slayed for my horrid hand writing lol.

-Brown

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak
    Well, I would like to volunteer for being a lay man when I am at boot camp (like Master Sergeant said). It will give me a chance to be a good witness for God while I'm down there, and I could possibly be able to encourage my fellow recruits in tough times (I'll just have to be sure to always remain motivated myself).

Welcome Aboard. Don't mess with the Marines. They can mess with us all they want. These simple rules have kept me safe while here.

#1-NEVER under any circumstances act like you know everything about the Marines cause you DON'T! (doesn't sound hard but I find alot of poolees who think they do...)

#2-Use Marine language (instead of floor use deck, etc search it)

#3-NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER say Semper FI (please don't rip off my head mods) or Oorah cause you have not earned it

#4- Respect respect respect. Respect everyone espicially the Marines and leave the butt chewings to the Marines cause they are good at it. Plain and Simple.

#5- Always use search first before asking a question cause if you ask a question thats already been answered life is not going to be fun.

#6- Spell correctly and no abreviations.

That's all I can think of right now. Follow these rules and you should leave here with you head on your shoulders. (I'm not kidding)

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot34
    Good post!

Don't you just hate the way it ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot34 View Post
    Welcome Aboard. Don't mess with the Marines. They can mess with us all they want. These simple rules have kept me safe while here.

#1-NEVER under any circumstances act like you know everything about the Marines cause you DON'T! (doesn't sound hard but I find alot of poolees who think they do...)

#2-Use Marine language (instead of floor use deck, etc search it)

#3-NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER say Semper FI (please don't rip off my head mods) or Oorah cause you have not earned it

#4- Respect respect respect. Respect everyone espicially the Marines and leave the butt chewings to the Marines cause they are good at it. Plain and Simple.

#5- Always use search first before asking a question cause if you ask a question thats already been answered life is not going to be fun.

That's all I can think of right now. Follow these rules and you should leave here with you head on your shoulders. (I'm not kidding)
    Well, I have already read through the rules, but thanks for reminding me of them anyway!
    I do have a quick question which may sound a bit stupid, but I wanted to ask anyway: Since I am a Protestant, I know I'll be expected to go to Protestant services at boot camp; but if I wanted to go to the Catholic service so I could experience a Catholic Mass, would I be allowed to or not?

Thread Information