Moment of Truth
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moment of Truth

Moment of Truth

Hello all, I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register, its unfortunate however that my first post isn't exactly positive.

During MEPS I did not truthfully answer the question on prior drug use (Cannabis about a dozen times when I was 16/17) due to my listening to the advice of several current and former Marines, however over the past few weeks I have been reviewing all the information my recruiter gave to me and realized that there is absolutly nothing honorable about joining the Marine Corps under such false pretenses, not to mention that its illegal, and I don't want this floating over my head in what is hopefully an enjoyble career in the Marines.

What I'm trying to ask here, is should I tell my recruiter my plans to come clean ASAP or wait until the "Moment of Truth" during my second stay at MEPS? Also what sort of problems am I going to create for myself and those responsible for my paperwork/etc? I understand what I did was wrong and dishonorable, however I wish to correct the mistake and continue on with journey toward becoming a Marine. I appriciate all the responses you all might throw at me, positive or negative.

Edit: I also apologise if this is the incorrect forum, I'm still learning the ropes here and the forum structure is a little different from what I'm used to.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Honey, at this point, go ahead and tell him and do the red tape that you may or may not have to do. Don't know how it is these days but, back in 84, weed was waiverable as hell. Just be straight up and get it over with.

I know its waiverable, I just feel like **** that I lied at MEPS and was wondering how the MEPS personel were going to respond to my changing my mind after signing a thousand documents saying that I'm going to roast in hell if I lied on any of the other hundred forms, etc. What I'm fishing for is someone who knows exactly whats going to happen when I reevaluate my previous statements.

Thanks for the reply Marine84.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord
    I know its waiverable, I just feel like **** that I lied at MEPS and was wondering how the MEPS personel were going to respond to my changing my mind after signing a thousand documents saying that I'm going to roast in hell if I lied on any of the other hundred forms, etc. What I'm fishing for is someone who knows exactly whats going to happen when I reevaluate my previous statements.

Discord,

My last IST, a local Major was doing interviews with EVERY poolee from the area. He asked about any things that would keep you from arriving to recruit training: police record, drug use, school, medical, etc.

He also mentioned that marijuana is waiverable if you smoked it no more than 50-60 times and you pledge not to get involved with it ever again, and that he would push back your ship date to clean THC out of your system if needed.

Look, we all make STUPID decisions, and we all have to live with them. It's best to come clean now and have a good conscience.

Hope this helps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Discord

Well, I wasn't going to do this here but...........................I waited until my 2nd time at MEPS right before I was supposed to get on the bus to leave to go to the Island. I didn't get to leave that day because I had to call my Recruiter, give him 3 names of people back home that could/would give a good character reference on me, and wait for the paperwork to quit rollin' the next day with a waiver on my record. When I (obviously) popped positive on that first little "pop quiz" in boot camp, it didn't count against me and I never thought about it again.

For the next four years, I told the Corps "thank you" by NOT smoking. You will be given a second shot - don't fk it up! Tell it now!

@Discord: I know exactly how you feel (I had a somewhat similar situation, just not to do with drugs or anything of that sort). And I think it's great you want to come clean, and I believe you should. I pray God give you the strength to do so!

Hello everyone new poster here. I have told my recruiter that I have smoked weed and I asked for a wavier. He told me to not worry about it and to not say anything about it. I told him a second time that I didn't want to get into trouble later in my career, he then told me that he had done stuff before he joined and no one had to know. Should I just wait to MEPs to tell them? I don't want to "snitch" on my recruiter and go to his SNCOIC..

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Well, I wasn't going to do this here but...........................I waited until my 2nd time at MEPS right before I was supposed to get on the bus to leave to go to the Island. I didn't get to leave that day because I had to call my Recruiter, give him 3 names of people back home that could/would give a good character reference on me, and wait for the paperwork to quit rollin' the next day with a waiver on my record. When I (obviously) popped positive on that first little "pop quiz" in boot camp, it didn't count against me and I never thought about it again.

For the next four years, I told the Corps "thank you" by NOT smoking. You will be given a second shot - don't fk it up! Tell it now!
    Thanks so much for sharing, and trust me, the last time I smoked was months ago when I realized the Marine Corps wouldn't tolerate that ****. I know you don't know me personally, and probably don't really care, but I'm a compleatly different person from who I was a year or two ago, that lifestyle is dead and buried.

Ha, you all are a bit more...forgiving than I previously thought, but thanks to everyone for all the good posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade
    Discord,

My last IST, a local Major was doing interviews with EVERY poolee from the area. He asked about any things that would keep you from arriving to recruit training: police record, drug use, school, medical, etc.

He also mentioned that marijuana is waiverable if you smoked it no more than 50-60 times and you pledge not to get involved with it ever again, and that he would push back your ship date to clean THC out of your system if needed.

Look, we all make STUPID decisions, and we all have to live with them. It's best to come clean now and have a good conscience.

Hope this helps.
    Er, How is somebody who smokes weed supposed to know how many times they've smoked it? Thats kinda like asking how many cheese burgers you've ate in your entire existence.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBrown
    Er, How is somebody who smokes weed supposed to know how many times they've smoked it? Thats kinda like asking how many cheese burgers you've ate in your entire existence.
    EXPERT POOLEES.......HEHE......THEY NEVER STOP AMAZING ME WITH THIER "I KNOW EVERYTHING ATTITUDE"!

Quote Originally Posted by DBrown
    Believe it or not that's what the Major told us. It sounds odd to me but what the hell. The Man said it and I better believe it.

Discord, alway's go integrity first...Sounds like your gonna be alright dude, you know what to do.....Good Luck....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In case you Poolees don't already know the difference between a fairy tale and a BS Story,...........A Fairly tale starts out "Once upon a time",.............. and a BS Story starts out "Trust me on this" or "This ain't no Sh!t", or "I swear to God", or "I seen it with my own eyes", or "Believe it or not"!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    In case you Poolees don't already know the difference between a fairy tale and a BS Story,...........A Fairly tale starts out "Once upon a time",.............. and a BS Story starts out "Trust me on this" or "This ain't no Sh!t", or "I swear to God", or "I seen it with my own eyes", or "Believe it or not"!

Dave
    Corporal, with all due respect, I wasn't BSing these poolees in my post above. This is what the Major indeed told me and I didn't alter any of the details. I just thought I'd pass the word on to fellow poolees.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade
    Corporal, with all due respect, I wasn't BSing these poolees in my post above. This is what the Major indeed told me and I didn't alter any of the details. I just thought I'd pass the word on to fellow poolees.
    This Corporal thinks that the poolee needs to learn to pay attention to detail! I never qouted you nor did I point my finger at you for saying anything! I mearly made a point, YOU took it the wrong way and became disrespectful to a Marine NCO in the process! But if the shoe fits.....wear it Poolee.

One word of advice Poolee, you had 2 choices! 1) to leave it alone or 2) to post something stupid.......you choose the 2nd one. You should have chosen #1 and said Aye Aye Sir! But now you forgot and brought your attutude in here with ya to harras us old Marines and try to make US look stupid!

Now because I know you made a mistake and all, and I like you as well, I will accept and apology from you here on this thread in your very next post, or we can let the moderators decide what to do with you. It's up to you Poolee. Admit you were an idiot or suffer the incoming that you know I can have rained down on you at any minute.

Corporal Blaylock

Remember there are only two rule on this site;
    1) the Marines are always right
    2) if the Marines are wrong...see rule 1

get it?

Dave

Thread Information