Going to DC this summer
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Going to DC this summer

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I will be going to DC for a week this summer to visit the sites including the Marine Corps Museum and Bethesda NMC. My neighbor upstairs is a former airforce retiree and when I told him I wanted to go out there, he came downstairs and used his flyer miles from work (he is almost never home) to buy me the tickets! And to think...I just check his mail for him when he's gone...

Anywho, I don't know who all is out that way, but I plan to at least see Ed (GySgtRet) who I haven't seen since I was in Bethesda.

Credits
    Savings
    Have a good trip. I'm 4 hours south and been trying to find time to take the kids up there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Shawn

I am looking forward to seeing you again little brother. I would be honored to see you again. Let me know in advance if you can. And please thank your Air Force neighbor for doing this for you.

Semper Fi,

Gunny out

Quote Originally Posted by Seeley
    Just thought I'd let everyone know that I will be going to DC for a week this summer to visit the sites including the Marine Corps Museum and Bethesda NMC. My neighbor upstairs is a former airforce retiree and when I told him I wanted to go out there, he came downstairs and used his flyer miles from work (he is almost never home) to buy me the tickets! And to think...I just check his mail for him when he's gone...

Anywho, I don't know who all is out that way, but I plan to at least see Ed (GySgtRet) who I haven't seen since I was in Bethesda.
    In addition to the military sites don't forget the Smithsonian and all of the other museums on the mall, there are some cool places in DC. I have been going there since I was in grade school. The DC Zoo is pretty interesting as well.

http://www.si.edu/museums/

Good places to eat in Georgetown and also Old Town Alex. VA.

I live about an hour east of DC, take 50 out of DC, (called NY ave. in DC), and go straight to where I live, crossing the Bay Bridge.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Seely - tell your neighbor thank you for me too - he must really think a lot of you.

Have fun in DC and see as much as you can! Semper Fi little Brother!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    If you can do not forget to check out the flag pole at the Viet Nam Wall.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Seeley, if you do not call or PM in advance, it will not be pretty ...... I still owe you and Amanda a dinner and unless my memory is gone, Ed and CaptKen and I owe you a trip to the Globe ad Laurel at Quantico - send a PM and I'll call you.

It will be great to see you out of a hospital bed and not on meds..

There's the Sunset Parade at Marine Corps Memorial on Tues evenings at 7pm.

http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/parade_sunsetdefault.asp

The Evening Parades (Fri @ 8:45p) are sold out but they usually are able to sit standbys if you're at the gate at 8pm.

Quantico is about a 30 min drive from DC. There's a great restaurant in Q-town called the Globe and Laurel. Maj. Spooner (Tarawa vet) expects you to dress appropriately so... Reservations are recommended.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012400029.html

There's enough to see at the Smithsonians (several museums) that you could spend your whole week there alone. Enjoy your trip!

Thread Information