Cell Phone to boot
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cell Phone to boot

i know you're not supposed to bring it because it could be lost or something but what happens if you bring your cell phone with you to boot? is it specifically against the rules or is it allowed or whats the deal? and what about even if i brought my cell phone with me for the fly down to PI and the bus ride to the island itself? thanks

who you plan on calling while getting there??

if you have a cell all you will do is **** off your DIs because of the paperwork that they will have to do

Credits
    Savings
    Absolutely.

I can think of no better way to call home and describe the Yellow Footprints.

Listen, hear the whistling sound????????

Why would you want or need a cell phone man!? Recruits heading to boot camp 30 years ago didnt have or need a cell phone on their way to boot and neither do you. Just leave the nest!!!!You dont need to constantly keep in touch with your parents up to the yellow footprints. Say goodbye to everyone at MEPS before you get on the bus or plane like the rest of us will.

i know a kid who had his cellphone with him throughtout the USAF bootcamp and he either snuck or was was able to call and text people. I would just like to have my phone to be able to keep in contact with people while in boot, and it is much better than writing letters. Plus, its such a small object that it could fit in my footlocket or something. I dont think it would be a problem because whats the big deal of my having a 3 inch object with me to let me talk to(text) people while i have free time but i would like to know if and what is the official rule regarding bringing cellphones to boot is

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes, it is against the rules to have it. They will take it away if you bring it. Period. And what free time? You'll have very little.

Remember you are essentially strip-searched at Receiving. If somehow you managed to sneak it through and got caught during training, stand-by to see the Old Man.

The Marine Corps isn't the Air Force. Homey don't play that.

Quote Originally Posted by FeMzZ
    i know a kid who had his cellphone with him throughtout the USAF bootcamp and he either snuck or was was able to call and text people. I would just like to have my phone to be able to keep in contact with people while in boot, and it is much better than writing letters. Plus, its such a small object that it could fit in my footlocket or something. I dont think it would be a problem because whats the big deal of my having a 3 inch object with me to let me talk to(text) people while i have free time but i would like to know if and what is the official rule regarding bringing cellphones to boot is
    Guess you have no idea what the point of Recruit Training is then. The idea of Recruit Training is to break you of the civilian BS. That means removing yourself from contact with distractions such as family, friends, etc. Yes, you can write letters, but thats it. From what I've heard, you'll be busy enough where you won't have time to sit there and text and talk to your friends. Bust out the ink stick and stationary.

If you CAN NOT follow a simple rule such as NO cell phone. It is quite possible you DO NOT belong in my beloved Corps!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FeMzZ
    1) It is prohibited. You are going to boot camp. Get your head around the idea of the Marine Corps way or the highway.

2) They do not want you to have for a variety of reasons. Primarily because they DO NOT want you to have contact with the out side world beyond letters. They are changing you from civilian to Marine.

3) You will only have 1 hour of free time a day..... thats right, only 1. It's not even realy free. Besides letter writing, you will have knowledge to study on. After lights out you will be sleeping because they wore your tail out. You will want all the sleep you can get. Mornings come early and abruptly.

4) You are going to Marine Corps boot camp. Not the Air Force summer camp. No comparisson.

If you ignore the advice given, you will get caught, it is considered contraband, and you will be in a world of sheet like you have never been in before.

Credits
    Savings
    Don't listen to the poolees.

WTF would they know.

As a Marine, I say, sneak it in.

Jeez, it's just a little 3" object.

What the hell could that hurt.

Shucks, you could even text to your GF after lights out.

I tell you what, come Tuesday, I'll call SSgt Miller at 718.967.6088 and make sure it is OK with him.

They'll take it from you at MEPs anyways the day you would leave. yer not going to need it. just brign a phonecard or change to use the payphone at the hotel the night before. or at the airport.

Why even ask a stupid question?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    This is rich!

Seriously look in the Poolee Hall stickies and you will see from a Series Gunny what to bring AND what not to bring!

No, you can't bring your celly to boot, this isn't the army your joining. But if you want to experience what will happen then go ahead and bring your phone. haha

Thread Information