I'm pretty PO'd about his attitude - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A lot of these kids know nothing of Vietnam but what they have seen in movies like Apocalypse Now or Platoon. Full Metal Jacket can't erase all of the lefty trash that has been put out about Nam. I am against the draft too because I think "don't fix what ain't broke" and the Corps has some of the finest young men and women serving now that have ever put on the uniform!

Credits
    Savings
    The draft was over, or near over when I was born, and still know better than this shet bird. A look at history and decorations for heroism will reveal a large number of draftees. This current war is the only one that hasn't relied on the draft, except Desert Storm/ Shield. If draftees were as unsat as he thinks we would never have won , or stale mated any of the past conflicts.
    Don't know what his problem is, but I sure hope some one " counsels " him

Ignorance

If ignorance is bliss, this clown is higher than any of the Marines, Army, et al anywhere in the Nam. If he did truly complete bootcamp than his Drill Instructors would be sorry they didn’t drop him. I concur that there was some bad drugs going on. However anyone on patrol or alert would not be going out with them. This war is different, house to house has to be tough. The bush did allow for escape and evasion. The weaponry today is awesome and does not require the high number of troops to put rounds on target as we did. In ending a REAL Marine would not speak of fellow Marines as has this wannebe.

Greybeard,
    Let me assure you that todays Marines are indoctrinated with the highest respect of Marine Corps history, especially of those Marines that served in Vietnam. Sir, thank you for your service to this great country. OORAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    PM me please and let me know where he is. That's fkd up - one thing they ain't teaching 'em these days is a little bit of respect.

Ma'am,

Respect of ALL Marines no matter when they served is taught. The Marine Corps can take a recruit and teach him how to behave, think and act like a Marine. Unfortunately, this same recruit has to overcome the lesser moral code that Mom and Dad had drummed into the brain for 18 years.

Like Swampyankee is seved between conflicts and was trained by many veterans of Vietnam. All I cansay is that if there had been a conflict during my time I would have been ready because of that training. I also had the honor and privilage to serve directly with Ssgt Richard Pittman, MOH RVN 1966.
    Bring him on over Greybeard, we will show him a good time and it won't cost him 5 dolla

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Ohh-rah Greybeard! I don't think that younger Marine truly understands the essence of his job. 1968 or 2008 if your not a Grunt, you support that Grunt. And those Grunts still have to get out and close those last yards no matter how modern their equipment.

I have nothing but the highest respect for any Marine no matter when the served.

But let's look at the flip side. There is a Marine here Sgt7477 is one of a few. Served from 1974 to 1977. Even now this Marine goes to the poolee forum and gives them a hell of a hard time. Demands to be called Sir. Is that right? I called him down on it before. Says it is his duty to harrass the poolees. How do you feel about that?

Credits
    Savings
    I don't know, I might after we can read a full profile

I enlisted in our beloved Corps in 1986 and served in the Gulf War.I can assure you that I have nothing but the greatest respect for any Vietnam era Vets and for the sacrifices you made.It is hard for me to understand how any fellow Marine can make such statements.Please rest easy knowing that Vets from our Era have great respect for your service.Many great men bled and died in SE Asia.

If I may...

Sorry guys, idiots making statements like that make me nuts, and from what I see, you too. I normally just read, but I feel compelled to post.

In 1973 I started Marine Corps JROTC. I was instructed by some of the finest Marines you will ever meet. Colonel, John J. Rusham, WWII, Korea, Vietnam Figther Pilot. 1st Sgt James E. Dailey, "Chosin" Marine, Korea, Vietnam (2 tours), Gunnery Sgt Roger Gawne Korea, Vietnam. I was going to enlist in the Marines but the war ended and my best friend "steered" me into the Navy. But I never forgot my old instructors. They were some of the finest men I have ever known in my life.

These men are in NO WAYwhat this Peanut brain is saying. AND if this OldSwabbie ever hears this Peanut - Lamebrain (or anyone like him) say such things within HIS hearing that Marine (or anyone) WILL be picking himself up off the deck.

Leaving my "A" school in San Diego California in 1976, I was spit on by a long haired hippie (best description for the time) at the airport. I stood there in disbelief - him smiling. Spit ran down the front of my uniform ~ I saw RED. I hit him a few times, picked up my seabag and continued on my way. This is the crap we put up with in the 70's... We dont need to hear it again.

I believe all but one of these fine Marines are now gone. They helped me understand more in a few short years than just about anyone else in my life. I will never forget them.

Semper Fi Colonel Rusham, Semper Fi 1st Sgt Dailey, Semper Fi - Gunney Gawne.

OldSwabbie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeard
    On another forum, a Desert Storm Marine veteran posted the following. I very strongly disagree with these comments, and am even more astounded that (according to him) that this is the prevalent attitude within the current non-draft USMC toward Vietnam vets of all branches of service. I "might" have took it easier if it had not come from a Marine. Opinions please--Is this what current and recent active duty Marines think of us Vietnam Era Marines?

When I asked him directly--and he is well aware that I am Vietnam era USMC: "Is this your opinion of all Vietnam veterans?"--his reply was: (I am MJ)

I would really like to hear some opinions from current era Marines. I have the greatest respect and admiration for the young Marines we have today, and had always thought they would feel the same for my generation of Marines. Perhaps I am mistaken?
    I spent 30 some odd years not telling anyone that I am a Veteran of Viet Nam. That was because in my day if you traveled public comveyance you had to travel in civilian cloths or face that type of confrontations, everywhere you went! I mean EVERYWHERE! I have changed into my Uniform in airports and bus stations all across the land, just so I would attrack less attention to myself!

Now reading this thread my heart is hardening again, maybe the Hippies are not all gone after all. I was hoping that they all settled in Berkley, but it seems that they, this generation of hippies, have infiltrated our Corps....and that is sad! Makes me wonder if what we do here is worth the time it takes to try to hand down the lessons we learned in the jungles of the Nam!

If you Current Desert Veterans will stop a minute and think.....who is the first one to shake your hand and thank you for your service?? The Viet Nam Vet of course! Why...because we didn't get that welcome home hand shake or that pat on the back. No Sir we got ridicule and mayhem from the local teenagers and hippies.

In my early years I applied to the US post office locally, for a janitors job, not letter carrier! I scored 100 on the exam plus got an extra 10 points for being a disabled Vet. The only other guy that applied was a guy that was fresh out of high school and was a family friend of the post master, he scored 68....but he got the job and retired a couple of years ago with a good retirement. The Post Master said "I am afraid to hire you Viet Nam war Vets becsue of all the drugs you guys did over there".

The same thing happend on 3 applications for the State Highway patrol, I had 110 on the civil service exam, but they hired people that scored less, and I feel it was for the same reason. One of them is a Major now, one is retired and is sheriff, and the other one got fired for drugs...twice, of course his dad was a state congressman!

SO I am used to the BS from the population, but I thought the country was over that now, especially my brother Marines! I guess I was wrong!

Sorry for the novel, but that's my story,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davblay

Now reading this thread my heart is hardening again, maybe the Hippies are not all gone after all. I was hoping that they all settled in Berkley, but it seems that they, this generation of hippies, have infiltrated our Corps....and that is sad! Makes me wonder if what we do here is worth the time it takes to try to hand down the lessons we learned in the jungles of the Nam!

If you Current Desert Veterans will stop a minute and think.....who is the first one to shake your hand and thank you for your service?? The Viet Nam Vet of course! Why...because we didn't get that welcome home hand shake or that pat on the back. No Sir we got ridicule and mayhem from the local teenagers and hippies.

Dave
    Dave, my brother, all veterans I have known honor the Viet Nam vets...believe me, man. Did you read MY post? There's no need to have a hard heart about this at all. What we have here is some frikkin idiot who doesn't know his azz from a hole in the ground and he's talking mass sh!t!!! His opinion doesn't matter for sh!t, brother!!! You know that!! Don't let this guy get to you...he doesn't deserve that power. Besides...that kind of retarded ignorance for the Viet Nam War and its vets may not be dead...but the people the ignorance comes out of will be if they ever say that sh!t around me!!! Those people really are the retards of this nation in which you helped to ensure its freedom!! You have brothers and sisters right here, man. Not to mention all those Poolies you have helped start their Marine Corps careers and who will remember you for the rest of their lives!! Who knows...maybe the future Commandant is one of 'em!! You deserve that recognition of a hero, my brother. If I could give you a medal...I would, my friend...since I can't...my hand as a brother will have to do...

Oh Sh!t,I might as well give my 2 cents worth. This is a little hard to swallow. I was drafted into the Army in 1970,but enlisted into the Corp.Figured if I gotta go,why not go all the way. Best decision I ever made.I also was a hippie bastard for a while,but came back from Viet Nam 100% disabled and have not one regret. To this day I still see a doctor twice a month for my injuries,they will not heal. I have so many skin grafts that a cross word puzzle would be put to shame. So this little puke who thinks us hippe bastards are cry babies can kiss my big ****** ass. If I had the chance to meet the little faggot though I'd still be a Marine and thank him for his service and walk the hell away.

bootlace15 out

If he was A Marine or even in the service at all.

being a desert storm vet i got told quite a few times by veitnam era vets and in country vets that our war was not as bad as their war but i think everybodys war is the worst to them for ww1 to todayit is all perspective. but now i know quite a lot of veinam vets and a couple of them are former marines and i have never gotten from them that our war wasnt **** and theirs was they respect me for fighting as i respect them for fighting and who says that we were all angels in any war? sometimes you do what it takes to get through

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A'LOT OF MY SENIOR N.C.O.'S IN THE 'NAM,WERE KOREAN VETERANS ALSO.STILL HUMPING 0311'S.MY PAPA WAS IN WW11,KOREA @ VIETNAM,AS AN ADVISOR THE THE "ARVN". VIETNAM VET AND DAM PROUD OF IT,IF I EVER RUN INTO YOU; WHO EVER THE HELL YOU ARE YOU FUCING DISRECTFULL COMMON MUTHA FUCER,I WILL TRY MY BEST TOO "BREAK ALL THE TEETH" IN YOU'R FUCING MOUTH.ONE OF US IS GOING DOWN BOY,EITHER YOU OR I?YOU AIN'T NEVER MET A REAL 'NAM VET,BUT THE MEETING IS COMING REAL SOON;YOU FUCING PUNK.

Thread Information