I'm pretty PO'd about his attitude
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm pretty PO'd about his attitude

On another forum, a Desert Storm Marine veteran posted the following. I very strongly disagree with these comments, and am even more astounded that (according to him) that this is the prevalent attitude within the current non-draft USMC toward Vietnam vets of all branches of service. I "might" have took it easier if it had not come from a Marine. Opinions please--Is this what current and recent active duty Marines think of us Vietnam Era Marines?

You want an honest opinion of modern vs viet nam vets.. "Bunch of consripts who were shoveled in, got high, tripped on acid and then *****ed because war was uncool man"
    I'll give you props for showing up.. but what was the military then and what it is now.. night and day.. you can ask down to the lowest PFC.. the last thing they'd want in their bunker/post is a draftee/conscript.

Sorry.. you might not like the truth.. your time sucked..
    Modern military is professional and deadly.. Got no time for whiners, protesters, and least of all ***** conscripts. We / They know their job and how to do it and do it well.
    Maybe after Hillary and or Obama get elected we can go back to a conscript army and hand out smack and mushrooms so all vets are ****ed up.
    When I asked him directly--and he is well aware that I am Vietnam era USMC: "Is this your opinion of all Vietnam veterans?"--his reply was: (I am MJ)

MJ.. sorrry.. but ya.. unless you're pre 68.
    Yes there are boonie rats that think the "Nam" would be cool etc. see punks like the idiot who wrote Jarhead.

But the regular volunteer types.. see viet nam vets as drugged up conscripts
    We/they read books like Sniper about Carlos Hathcock and the difference between professional and conscript.. Apologies.. but we/they dont want to serve with draftees
    I would really like to hear some opinions from current era Marines. I have the greatest respect and admiration for the young Marines we have today, and had always thought they would feel the same for my generation of Marines. Perhaps I am mistaken?

War is War. Draftee or Enlisted. Last i remember the rounds of ammunition still kill the same way they did in '68 and forty years later. There is more to do with our time then to try to belittle past Marines and their situation they were handed. Marines, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen all have my utmost respect, no matter when they served. As the way it should be. Semper Fidelis greybeard and thankyou for your service!

Credits
    Savings
    greybeard,

No f'in way. That guy that posted that is some kind of POS. I was in during the Desert Sheild Desert Storm era too. I can assure you that only respect for all Marines is taught. This guy has seen just enough TV to have caught a few bad highlights. F him and thank you for your service Brother! He's spoutin off and getting people riled up and it will not be good when history catches up to HIM. If this person keeps it up eventually it'll be in the wrong crowd.

Semper Fidelis
    C

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    PM me please and let me know where he is. That's fkd up - one thing they ain't teaching 'em these days is a little bit of respect.

Greybeard you have every rite feeling like you do.
    I spent some time in the bush,and seen some sh** that these young Marines wont see in the movies,or read about.Sure there were sh**birds that thought they were cool.They later found out later they weren't.They were delt with firmly.
    The cool ones didn't take Hue city,and the cool didn't last thru Khe San,or make it thru fire fights at the DMZ.........nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard
    On another forum, a Desert Storm Marine veteran posted the following. I very strongly disagree with these comments, and am even more astounded that (according to him) that this is the prevalent attitude within the current non-draft USMC toward Vietnam vets of all branches of service. I "might" have took it easier if it had not come from a Marine. Opinions please--Is this what current and recent active duty Marines think of us Vietnam Era Marines?

When I asked him directly--and he is well aware that I am Vietnam era USMC: "Is this your opinion of all Vietnam veterans?"--his reply was: (I am MJ)

I would really like to hear some opinions from current era Marines. I have the greatest respect and admiration for the young Marines we have today, and had always thought they would feel the same for my generation of Marines. Perhaps I am mistaken?
    Greybeard, I myself, enlisted in September of 1984 and was even in Desert Storm 7 years later. Being a Marine of that same generation as MJ, I have to truly apologize to you for this idiots' stupidity. he probably doesn't eve know what a Vietnam Marine actually is. This frikkin idiot MJ, doesn't know his azz from a hole in the ground! If I knew who he was I would yank the frikkin sparks outta his azz and MAKE him show respect for Vietnam Marines who have endured much, much more for their country than we ever have...and thats the truth. I can't even begin to speculate what the hell he was even trying to talk about...the piece o' crap!!

Speaking from one combat vet to another, I can't even begin to imagine the sh!t you and all your buddies have been through. I see Vietnam vets as my family and as Marines who have paved the way with their blood, sweat and tears for me and my generation to come through and do my tours and just I did the same to have this generation come in and do their tours. Its the cycle that must be respected but it sounds like frikkin idiot doesn't know the meaning of the word respect. Fvck him, he'll die without knowing respect cause he doesn't deserve it or ever have knowing it. Thats the way I see it.

I can honestly tell you that we Desert Storm vets DO NOT feel this way because it was an entirely different war! It doesn't mean a bullet isn't magically stopped due technology because Marines are still dying from them. What it means is that respect should be number one here and ALL Marines are family...and to have one idiots' opinion stand for ALL Marines' opinions' of that era is not right...especially the way he feels because believe me...to have served in the Nam and survived is the most honorable achievement and worthy of the highest respect from EVERYBODY...not just other Marines. Don't pay attention to what this pinko commie fag says...just know you have the utmost respect one veteran, one man, one Marine can give another. Semper Fi, my brother...

Credits
    Savings
    This arsehole needs unfcking!

Thanks big jim

Actually, I guess I should have made it a little more clear. He is addressing me, and my username on that forum is MJ. I intentionally did not post his username here at Leatherneck. I do appreciate your replies, and your honesty, but don't want to start no firefights here among us. Besides, I'm too old and rickety to take on any of you young Marines.

He isn't too well informed. I didn't go to war, I served between conflicts, I watched as all the older kids went to Vn and that had a lot to do with me going in. And when I was in when there were plenty of professional VN Marines. Nobody was twisting thier arms to stay and one staff was in only to go again. Lots of chicken sh1t in the peace time Corps to put up with just to wear the uniform. (At least in my experience). Those are the guys that taught us, and later, in LE, had plenty of officers who were VN Marines. No junkies there.

Now I did run into a couple of supposed VN vets that had a hair across their buttes with me because I was too young to have gone to VN. But I don't see them as being the norm. And as history likes to repeat itself, I was made to feel I didn't do enough in my time by one or two of recent crop of war vets on another forum. It got so bad I had nothing to contribute anymore so I quit that site. All my experiances can't add up to the ultimate experiance, but it gets to be tiring to be ridiculed at every word. But as with every demographic there are all types no matter the group. The guy sounds a tad bitter and probably not old enough to remember anyone from his neighborhood going to VN. I wonder if he would have joined if nothing was going on?

Actually, I guess I should have made it a little more clear. He is addressing me, and my username on that forum is MJ. I intentionally did not post his username here at Leatherneck. I do appreciate your replies, and your honesty, but don't want to start no firefights here among us. Besides, I'm too old and rickety to take on any of you young Marines.

My mistake brother...my bad. I know you were just asking a question but this azzhole really does need to learn the meaning of respect and if he doesn't know it...I'll make him feel what it can do for his immediate health!! I don't think I'm alone in that thought either...as you can see!! LOL!! What we ALL feel here is nothing but respect for all Viet Nam veterans above and below ground and on that wall...the difference in wars, combat or technology has absolutley nothing to do with that respect because it always has been there, just the same as it always will be there...its all about the respect, brother!!

I have "not so politely" made a suggestion to him:

"take your ignorant elitist attitude and total BS to Leatherneck.com, register-- and see how far your pile of dung philosophy gets you!"
    You know, Vietnam was tough--no doubt about it. But Mr. BS artist is right about one thing. What these young men and women are seeing today in Iraq and Afghanistan just tears at my heart. You young folks are good--and I mean DAM GOOD. Some on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th tours already. Stop loss/extended tours-Now that's dedication and just outright being MARINE!! This old man's proud of every one of you.

I have "not so politely" made a suggestion to him:

You know, Vietnam was tough--no doubt about it. But Mr. BS artist is right about one thing. What these young men and women are seeing today in Iraq and Afghanistan just tears at my heart. You young folks are good--and I mean DAM GOOD. Some on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th tours already. Stop loss/extended tours-Now that's dedication and just outright being MARINE!! This old man's proud of every one of you.

Thats great that you told him to come here to Leatherneck...hey Greybeard...send him MY way...I ain't chewed on no azz in a while and I'm HUNGRY!! LOL!! After I'm done with him the first and last words out of his filthy sewer will be sir or ma'am...forever after that...

Yeah, these young kids are answering the call ain't they? I'm not surprised though...afterall they ARE Marines and are getting the job done for their fellow Marines. Thats what is all about...brothers forever, no matter what...

Wyy you needle di.., horses a.., **** bag phoney person who would like to be called Marine. I bet you had to kiss ass, and wear knee pads just to get out of Boot Camp. That must be the reason you have such a foul taste in your mouth for the Corps. My Plt.#3012, S.D., graduated 2 July '66 with 5 men drafted into the Army, that choose to go Marines, and they made some of the best. All the rest we volunteered. In '66 we had 8 weeks to learn what your sorry ass should have learned in 12 weeks. We all went to Vietnam, and out of 76 Marines we only lost 4 men who didn't come back. You seem to know all about the drugs, shed some light on us. It sure sounds like you know all about them. It would be wise for me not to find out who you are mr. phoney one.

Credits
    Savings

Angry

Don, aka greybeard, this Marine, needs to go to 'The Wall', and say out loud what he says behind a keyboard.

I feel sorry for the Marines he is associated with.

If he has the balls to join this site, we will only have a short period of time with him before he gets banned.

Thread Information