Sidearm
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sidearm

Sidearm

O.K. I understand that the Corps is the bastard child of the navy and we cant afford m9's for every swinging dick, but seriously WTF with some pog-assed corprals getting pistols and my happy ass getting stuck in the desert with just a SAW?

0311/ LAR scout/ Automatic Rifleman should say enough for you.

I am going to tell you to **** off on the pog-assed Corporal comment. How about a little respect and tact Marine!!

I am a POG-assed Sergeant if you want to look at it that way. I am one of the "POG-assed" Marines that make sure you have your beans bullets and band-aids.

I personally would want a rifle rather than an M9. But that Corporal may have duties that preclude him from carrying a rifle.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Pog?

Not all of us got to be a badazz superman like you.

Forget the Cpl thing Jordan. You have much better arguments to put forward. If part of your mission is building entries (and I sure it is with this conflict) pistols make good sense to have available.

# 1 searching tight areas within a structure

#2 something to transition to, in case of a malfuction or reload situation in the middle of a close-in fight.

#3 you need to train with both a lot

S/F
    Finger

Credits
    Savings
    What is a corprals?

Sparkie, wuz you ever a corprals?

Maybe I is one!!

Credits
    Savings
    Side note - The Marine Corps decides what you will carry. Not you!!

A suggestion, stay away from the bad apples. You are starting to sound like one.

Hell, who knows, you may pick up E-3 before you've been in a year. Or maybe you won't, if it your *****ing has been noticed.

Just throwing it out there...most firefights, SAW or m9...yeah I'll take the SAW.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanB
    O.K. I understand that the Corps is the bastard child of the navy and we cant afford m9's for every swinging dick, but seriously WTF with some pog-assed corprals getting pistols and my happy ass getting stuck in the desert with just a SAW?
    I am gonna over look your statement PFC as you are still new to the Corps. But the Corps decides who gets what weapon, based on experience in Combat affectiveness! There are a lot of Marines that just want to carry a hand gun, while ohers think they are just something else to get in the way during the heat of battle. "Everything for a reason", Marine.

The tactics the Corps uses are tried and proved in many hours/months/even years of combat operations and training. Thy know who rates what weapon, "Ours is not to question why, ours is to do or die", Semper Fi Marine, and thanks for your service.

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    While my Brother - in -law was there evey one had to be armed every where they went, with either a M16, 4 or side arm. His job made carrying a rifle evrywhere, including his work area very difficult so he opted for the side arm.
    He is Army and worked with Marines on that base. It was a standing order from higher ups for all service men,woman.

Quote Originally Posted by timreich
    Just throwing it out there...most firefights, SAW or m9...yeah I'll take the SAW.

lol..no ****

Not that I can say it better then Finger or those who have been...

Quote Originally Posted by JordanB
    If you're routinely clearing rooms and small spaces then I could see why YOU might want the pistol over the SAW. But if you're really whining or asking for both, then that's a different story and it's all about the money. Get used to it. I think you're just mad cause you ain't looking cool like the rest of them with the high screed low drag holsters on their hip. And you have to hump the SAW, and the ammo.

In choosing weapons for and uncertain fight (and you don't have a choice right now) I personally would stick with the the one that gives me the most flexibility, and firepower. The M-9's have a few good purposes but usually it's your back-up and not your primary, unless you have a job in the rear. Take the SAW over the M-9 any day and twice on Tuesday's. You sure can clear rooms with a SAW, but, you better know what or who else is in the area with you.

Keep your azz low, and shoot straight.

A big difference between Marines and other branches is we are professional and respect rank (especially NCO's)

Yeah, having a M9 might make you look "high speed" but you have to ask your self how practical is it?

When I was deployed we did a lot of building clearing. I had an M9 and my trusty ol' M16 (my unit didn't have the M4's till after I left). It was nice to have the M9 as back up but I hardly ever pulled it, unless I was going into a very small area that was difficult to maneuver with the M16.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FUC THAT M-9-9MM.GET YOURSELF A EMPTY DEMO.BAG GET A'BOUT 25 40MM.FRAG'S,START YOU'R ROOM TIGHT PLACE CLEARING OUT WITH THE GERNADE.YOU CARRY A GASMASK STRAPED ON YOU'R YOUNG AZZ?IF NOT DO SO FROM NOW ON GRUNT.GODSPEED MARINE,THANX FOR FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM;WHEN IN DOUBT FRAGG 'EM

Yeah uh forget that m-9 i carried that thing for 4 years with a rifle and or saw. Personally i would enjoy that saw you have cause i have seen in iraq 9mm bullets bounce off windshields.

Thread Information