viet nam 1st175gunbtry11thmarines in 1969 - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I served with Bravo Co 7th Eng. on Hill 34 from June 69-March 70. I remember the 175's on the Hill. I was transferred to Delta Co on Hill 37. Was wounded in April 70 and sent home. I am trying to find out the grunt unit on Hill 37 at that time. Got any idea?

No I sure don't. I was based at hill 34, hill 55 and Red Beach{NAC}. You came in country the same time I did , June 1970. Not sure where hill 37 was.
    Duncan from gun 6

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Not sure where hill 37 was.
    Duncan from gun 6

Did some checking on Hill 37 although I wasn't there.
    Many other references on google also and it's 12 miles S. of Da Nang if I recall correctly.

Hope that helps.....

I was the Wire Chief with 1st 175Guns on Hill 34 from 12/68 to 12/69. Also did duty as a radio operator in the FDC. Remember going to FB Ross and setting up our Bravo compound. Arrived in country as E-4 and left as E-5 with early out. Would love to hear from others who served as well.

I was on gun 3 on 34 then out at hill 65 on the point. 08/69 - 08/70. a few months back Thomas kish and cooper caught up with me. a while back frank miller contacted me.

Hello Brothers! I served with "C" Btry 13th Marines at NAC and then with 11th Marines 69-70. I was the guy that made all those delicious mid rats while you all pounded rounds on the VC. Spent a short time at Hill 34 when 13th Marines rotated back to the world but then got sent right back to NAC. ( wasn't short enough to go home!) I'm trying to get information to support some VA claims ...Need to get some details...hopefully from here?? Like to hear from any others who served at NAC....Oct69- Oct70

I remember the mid-rats...bologna on dry bread. I was on Gun 1 (1st 175 Guns (SP)) and was at both Hill 34 and NAC Red Beach. It was our Gun that exploded on New Years Eve 1969 while at Hill 34. What is it you need/want to know?

Frank Miller....good to have a reply. I'm in touch with another marine from NAC...also a cook. We took a dud round through the mess hall roof.. wondering if anyone remembers that? Also there was a Marine killed at NAC when a M79 round blew up while he and another guy were tossing it around? Can't find any records of that??
    Ive looked all over the net for some pics of NAC...I only have a few. Love to find an arial picture of the whole cantonment.
    I have a pending claim with the VA for hearing loss and tinnitus....yea I know I was a cook but those guns were loud!! Any others have successful claims??
    Thanks for your reply...

Thread Information