viet nam 1st175gunbtry11thmarines in 1969 - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46
    i was there 08-69 to 08-70. on gun three as a-gunner.


  2. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by lclc49 View Post
    i was there 08-69 to 08-70. on gun three as a-gunner.
    Man, you & I shed blood in the same mud. I arrived in-country in July '69. Did you get a chance to look at the pictures of Gun 1 I posted on this thread? I have lots more. There was a guy named Ernie Sizemore but I can't remember if he was on Gun 2 or Gun 3. I have a few photos taken inside the hooch for Gun 2 (I think, but my memory could be wrong) when we were at Hill 34 (again, I think it was Hill 34). I ran into Robert "Doc" Haney (Gun 2, same time frame) and Craig Thom (don't remember which Gun he was on) but have been unable to find Kuykendahl, Ingram, Hernandez, and a lot of others whose real names I have long since forgotten. Did you know Derb Goodman (Gun 2, I think)? Here is a photo of the Gun 1 crew when we were on Hill 34 in the Summer/Fall of '69 in case you knew any of them:


    I also have photos of us stationed at Red Beach and of the entire unit when we went to China Beach for some downtime.


  3. #48
    frank, did i lose you, hope all is well. my email is lclc49@yahoo.com


  4. #49
    i served on gun 3 of 1st 175 aug. 69 thru aug 70. was on hill 34, then on hill 65 for a few months near the end of my tour. nick-name was 'clemi'. anyone out there. I was talking with "frank millier" who was on 34 the same time i was he was on gun 2.


  5. #50
    Still here...I went for a "ride-about" on my motorcycle for a few weeks. I was on Gun 1 with 1st 175 Guns. I'm talking to other 175 members and trying to get enough of us together for some type of reunion. You up for it?


  6. #51
    that sounds like a great couple weeks. what do you ride. a reunion would be pretty cool, it would be strange after 40 + yrs. are you on facebook, i looked but wasn't successfull. later.


  7. #52
    Hey Clemi this Duncan from gun 6 1st 175's. June '69 to July '70. I sent you some pics but forgot to subject it. After you respond to this I'll send it again. Look for e-mail from cduncan6. Frank's reunion sounds good.


  8. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by lclc49 View Post
    that sounds like a great couple weeks. what do you ride. a reunion would be pretty cool, it would be strange after 40 + yrs. are you on facebook, i looked but wasn't successfull. later.
    I ride a Honda Shadow (ACE Deluxe Cruiser)...sometimes referred to as a "litigation bike". I've ridden it all across the country. Send me your name, address, email and other info and I'll add you to the ever-growing list of 1st 175 Gun members so we can start planning for some type of reunion.

    Semper Fi


  9. #54
    lclc49@yahoo.com email me and i will send you he info.


  10. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by lclc49 View Post
    lclc49@yahoo.com email me and i will send you he info.
    DONE! Between the two of us, Duncan & I have pictures that will flood your mind with memories. *chuckle*


  11. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by kenkat View Post
    Looking for anyone who served in vietnam during 1969-1970. The unit I was in was just south of DaNang and I served with the 1st 175th gun btry(SP) 11th marines. Can anyone tell me what hill they were located on. My memory has faded and so many of the hills I see or read about sound so familiar. Hills 10,37,327,55,25 are all possible but I was a messenger for awhile and made deliveries to many units and now they just all blend together. If anyone served with this unit or has information it would be nice to hear from you.

    Ken

    KenKat - and anyone else who was with 1st 175 Guns (SP) in RVN - please get in touch with me. We are trying to form some type of reunion in the future. Not to mention that Duncan and I have some great pictures.


  12. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutzilla View Post
    I was wounded on my 19th birthday April 24th,1970......cake and grenades...hell of a party!!
    Ha....Happy Birthday!
    Must have been an explosive celebration.

    I was wounded on a famous day also....9/11/66 at 1:40 am.
    I recall it like yesterday.
    I was with W/2/11 the whole tour.

    Great pics of An Hoa I might add.
    I spent much time at Nong Son Mtn (in background of a couple of the pics) on the Song Thu Bon with F/2/5 from Jan. 67 - March 67.

    Carry on....back to topic....


  13. #58
    I have an aerial photo of Hill 55 and a few photos at Hill 34, taken 69-70. Semper Fi. I also have aerials of An Hoa.


  14. #59
    Hi rchrdharris, Richard? This is carson, I'd love to have some pictures of hill 34, 55,An Hoa. My e address is cduncan6@carolina.rr.com Have high speed so I can handle the download. I was in country from June of '69 to July of '70 w/ 1st 175 SP Guns. Who were you with? I have pics from the ground of hill 55 and a few of 34. Semper Fi from Salisbury,NC.


  15. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by kenkat View Post
    Looking for anyone who served in vietnam during 1969-1970. The unit I was in was just south of DaNang and I served with the 1st 175th gun btry(SP) 11th marines. Can anyone tell me what hill they were located on. My memory has faded and so many of the hills I see or read about sound so familiar. Hills 10,37,327,55,25 are all possible but I was a messenger for awhile and made deliveries to many units and now they just all blend together. If anyone served with this unit or has information it would be nice to hear from you.

    Ken
    I DON'T RECALL THE UNIT BUT THEIR WAS A 175 BATTERY JUST UP THE ROAD FROM ME AT AN HOA. WE COULD SEE HILL 55 WHEN EVER SOMETHING WAS GOING ON OVER THERE.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts