Retirement
Create Post

Thread: Retirement

Retirement

What is the forced retirement procedures for enlisted Marines? I know that for officers it is 20, 25, or 30 years depending on the rank, but I haven't found anything for enlisted regarding retirement, other than you can do it after 20 years if you want the pension. I figure it will be something like age 65, but I just want to confirm that.

So, if my current plans pan out and I end up being a career Marine, but I find out that I'm not officer material in some way, shape, or form, when would I plan on being dragged kicking and screaming from your beloved Corps?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    First.... drag,kick and scream your way to boot camp or OCS!

Just a leeeeeetle bit too early to be worrying about such things. Try making it through your first enlistment first.

Both officers and enlisted need to get promoted in certain time frames in order to remain in the Corps. If you start getting passed over for your next promotion, then you can start worrying about getting kicked out.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GOOD LORD!

Retirement? You ain't even made it in yet!!!!! and you're thinking about RETIREMENT?

Edward Jones tells you: Never to early to begin feeding a Roth IRA and witness the miracle of compounded interest

Haha, aye, aye, Marines. I dunno, I guess it's just like every other poolee, the anticipation and wait are too much and we just start thinking past boot because there really isn't that much else to do. Sorry for the disturbance.

Thread Information