A Badge for all to use as personnel signatures - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

M1911a1

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    I'm guessing it was a jeep with 4X4
    The M1911A1 Cal. 45 was the primary handgun before the 9mm issued I guess still today. The 1911 indicated when built, the A1 indicates 1 modification, anyone want to give the modification?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I know the answer to the M1911A1 question, but I'll leave it for some younger Marine to research.

Before anyone complains about my ribbons, some of them are Air Farce. The site doesn't have all of the ribbons I rate under the Marine Corps option. I looked like a Third World Dictator anyway thanks to the Air Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    I know the answer to the M1911A1 question, but I'll leave it for some younger Marine to research.

Before anyone complains about my ribbons, some of them are Air Farce. The site doesn't have all of the ribbons I rate under the Marine Corps option. I looked like a Third World Dictator anyway thanks to the Air Force.
    LOL!! I always thought the same dam thing about them...AND the frikkin Army!! Who in the hell else would rate a shiny little tin uniform badge for just throwing a grenade?! LOL! Thats alright Zulu...you made the right choice in the end, brother!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim
    LOL!! I always thought the same dam thing about them...AND the frikkin Army!! Who in the hell else would rate a shiny little tin uniform badge for just throwing a grenade?! LOL! Thats alright Zulu...you made the right choice in the end, brother!!
    Even the Air Force doesn't go that far. But, small arms marksmanship is not considered a major skill set for most AF people (no sh*t), so they only give you a ribbon for shooting expert with either a rifle or pistol. You get one little bronze star device if you shoot expert with the second weapon too. But once earned, you never lose it even if you shoot unq for the rest of your career.

My old Air Guard security police unit took a great deal of pride in our small-arms skills. It was severely frowned upon to wear the expert ribbon if you didn't continue to earn it every year. AF regs be damned. I'm happy to say I never had to take that ribbon off.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I always get in trouble playing silly little word games.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Marine Free Member SgtHopperUSMC's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lets see if it worked...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    So true.... I would say out of all the ribbons I display that there are only two that aren't right place right time medals or ribbons. The Navy Achievement Medal and the Good Conduct Medal. It's not what's on your chest that counts anyway. It is what is in your chest.
    Very true Marine.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36

A Marine can be a King in the Third World. Look at that reservist in Somalia.

Your Post

In a post you said "It's not what's on your chest that counts anyway. It is what is in your chest." Was a very true and well said comment... Semper Fi Marine!

Nice site link, thanks Gunny!

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie
    Nice site link, thanks Gunny!
    Was the Brigade School for NCO/SNCO still there when you were at K-Bay? I was one of the original Instructors.

Gunny what's your high game (Bowling)?

militarysignatures.com

Score

Quote Originally Posted by CplKJSpevak
    Gunny what's your high game (Bowling)?

Crap, seems like it was in the 280s or low 290s

Thread Information