A Badge for all to use as personnel signatures - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    Respectfully....
    You said that in 1977 you had two ribbons and in 1975 you had 11.
    Now look here Sergeant, you and everyone else should KNOW what the Gunny meant so lets go for a little run, full combat gear, sand in packs!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    sniff sniff

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Gunny please allow the impudance of a Sergeant. I try my best to learn from my seniors so I must question at times certain things.

How did you do 5 tours in vietnam from 66-67?

Gunny please allow the impudance of a Sergeant. I try my best to learn from my seniors so I must question at times certain things.

How did you do 5 tours in vietnam from 66-67?
    First, somewhere along the line I got may dates wrong. Second, if you refer to the Vietnam yellow ribbon, normally a ribbon counts as 1st award and each star counts as another. With this ribbon the stars indicate major campaigns my unit was involved in. I was in H&S Co. III MAF outside Da Nang. Our CAP unit was tasked with protecting
    "The Friendly’s" if there were any.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Respectfully

I must also inquire why you have only 5 good conduct medals?
    I do not wish to put you on the grill gunny but I am curious. Thanks for your response.

Respectfully

I must also inquire why you have only 5 good conduct medals?
    I do not wish to put you on the grill gunny but I am curious. Thanks for your response.
    Each Good Conduct is awarded after 5 years of service. In this case the ribbon counts as 1 and the stars 4 more for 20 years. My hashmarks are the same.
    One of my classes I taught in K-Bay was Uniform Regs., I still remember them fairly well as well as Medals and Awards. Love answering inquiring minds

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Inquiring minds want to know what course of instruction you taught in K-bay and what was the name of the highway between K-bay and honolulu?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Things sure do change. I am not doubting your credibility but do want to pick your mind. When did the term of the good conduct go from 5 years to 3 years?

K-Bay

Inquiring minds want to know what course of instruction you taught in K-bay and what was the name of the highway between K-bay and honolulu?
    At that time 68-71 there were 2 tunnels, the Pali and Likelike, usually pronounced as Like Like by Haoles.

I shot the Pali many a night. Stopped at the lookout where the wind blows so hard with a buddy after drinking a tad much. Stepped over the stone wall to pee, was new there and didn't realize the wind was blowing up. Took a quick pee shower.

I taught close order drill, the M-79 grenade launcher, pistol m1911A1, remember what the A1 was? Assisted in tactics, mapping&compass (Before GPS) and all other classes pertaining to NCO's and SNCO's.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    you're on my buddy list gunny

Ok

Things sure do change. I am not doubting your credibility but do want to pick your mind. When did the term of the good conduct go from 5 years to 3 years?
    Another date and time mistake, the award is for any 3 years of continuous active service. In my case of 5X3 = 15, my papers show a period where I got office hours.
    Now as to "(I am not doubting your credibility but). Is there any purpose behind your line of questioning?

I would be most happy to scan and provide any documents you feel necessary to satisfy your "Inquiring" mind.

Embassy

you're on my buddy list gunny
    If still on active duty are you with the Embassy Marines, and your on my Buddy list too!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Gunny ... there is no need to scan anything. There are so many that come to this site that are fakers that a painful introduction ensues. I apologize and glad to have you here.

No sweat Marine

Gunny ... there is no need to scan anything. There are so many that come to this site that are fakers that a painful introduction ensues. I apologize and glad to have you here.
    Some time my fingers and memory are not in step. Now about the M1911A1, what was the A1?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm guessing it was a jeep with 4X4

Thread Information