Body Fat?
Create Post

Thread: Body Fat?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Body Fat?

Alright I just checked it out on a website that I'm somthing like 23.5% body fat and I'm literraly leaving for MEPs in 2 hours..... Does the body fat you have matter when you first sign your contract or for the date you leave for Boot Camp?

And I did just check a site that said Maximum weight for my height was 221 and I'm at 201 so now I'm not 100% sure what to think really...... heh

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why worry now? You got 2 hours,,,, do somethong about it. LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Ya, great advice there...... I don't actually start the tests or anything until tomorrow and this was a totally last minute thing.

I literraly called them up Monday and going to Des Moines tonight already.... lol

Are you over weight? If not, then you are fine. You will slim down in boot though, so it may be an appearance thing down the road, but your skin should atrophy enough to keep you from looking weird. If you still have time before you ship, then get out there and drop that weight! Check the forums for info on workouts and training tips.

Also, can you pass an IST? If not, then you need to work on that before you even think of shipping.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh only fat I have on me is in my stomach and I can surely do everything..... the mile and a half will probably be a close one but I can pull amazing stuff off when being pushed to do it so yea.....

How is it that you are 23.5% Body Fat and the only fat you have is in your stomach? Unless you have a narrow neck and chest and huge belly...

As for the run, just get to it. Run every other day, bike in between. when you hit three miles, then go for four, also start working on speed.

Credits
    Savings
    Like I said it was off a website and those are never 100% correct lol

Good point.

If you have the time and they'll do it, have someone at meps or even your recruiter do a tape test on you. It may be a little off but it will give you a better idea of how much body fat you may need to drop to be with-in regs.

As I said, if you are under your max weight but still over your BF max (16%, I think), then it comes down to an appearance issue. The Marine Corps does not want a Marine looking dumpy in his/her uniform, enough said.

Well the USMC standered is now 19% first class or not.

Credits
    Savings
    Well in the clothes I wear atm baggy or not you can barely tell I'm a little overweight so I should be fine correct?

If you're under the maximum weight to ship to boot camp then don't worry about it. They'll fix you up while you're in boot camp. You may not enjoy it, but you will meet height/weight standards when you graduate. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do for the entire time you're enlisted.

Thread Information