Parent problems
Create Post

Thread: Parent problems

Parent problems

My parents are afraid of signing me into DEP. I keep telling them that it will help me so much but they just dont get it. Im the only one in the my whole family not going to college right after high school so they are pretty disapointed, but im proud of my decision. Does anyone have any advice to help me talk them into it and see that it really does help?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Definitely avoid college. You will be a finacial burden on your parents. It is my observation that you quite possibly can't even read simple rules and guidelines on this site. Second thought go to college and skip the Marines completely.

What I'm getting at is you failed to follow a few simple rules and fill out your profile before posting. Then use the search engine to see if someone else has asked this same question (it has been asked before).

well i did have another account but it wont let me log into it anymore so i just made this new account. Sorry i forgot to fill out the profile again.

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Dark Green 0311

Right now your parents have the upper hand because your under age. The only thing i can tell you if you want to be a Marine now hopefully, you'll still have the same determination at 18. I had the same problem when i was 17 i waited until i turned 18 and signed for myself.

Parents are always disappointed when the plans they have for your life doesn't go as planned. Stick to your guns and sign for yourself.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
    YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwyer
    well i did have another account but it wont let me log into it anymore so i just made this new account. Sorry i forgot to fill out the profile again.
    What name was that account in and why can't you log into that one?

I had the same problems. My parents wouldnt sign me into DEP either. But I had to tell them and explain to them that this was a decision that I made and that I want to serve my country.

Plus you can tell them that the military will help you become more independent, give you financial stability, a good job (maybe), get to travel, yadda yadda. Good luck to yah!

Alright thanks for all the support. I will work something out with my parents hopefully

Thread Information