Which is better PI in summer or winter
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which is better PI in summer or winter

I was wondering what the pro's and con's of going to PI in the summer or winter were. Thats all.

-Jake

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I would think it would be bad no matter what time of year you're there. I was there from May to July and I'm from SC and I hated it!

Winter time anywhere in the world along that line of latitude and elevation is not cold by outdoorsman standards, summer can be stifling and intense.

I attended the University of PI,Nov thru Jan.
    Nov was still warm and plenty of sand fleas,it started cooling down after Christmas.It was cold and wet for the rifel range.

Credits
    Savings
    Being from SC, you know how the winters are. P.I will be a little cooler later in the winter than Fort Mill. The wind coming off the water make the differance.
    Summer it'll be so hot you will be wet with sweat, but not cold.
    You can be wet and hot, or wet and cold.

Winter sucked to me!!!! Maybe it's because running in cold kills me, maybe it's because I'm from Louisiana and just hate cold weather. But I'd recommend going in March.

Quote Originally Posted by jfweeden
    I was wondering what the pro's and con's of going to PI in the summer or winter were. Thats all.

-Jake

I question your commmitment level. Marines train to fight in ALL weather conditions. Does it matter if it is hot or cold?? Are you going to quit if it is too hot? Too cold? Quit your sniveling, sign the contract, say the oath and go!!!

Someday, if you are good enough, you will earn the title.

LOL...ooh rah sir, I was just thinking the same thing. To answer your question there's no magic time to go. Your gonna catch hell no mater what time you go. The sand fleas will make sure of it, and they are out all year around. I know cause I went to boot camp and was stationed there. If your looking for the easy route try Ft Jackson, the Air Force would love to have you. If you want to wear those Marine Corps Blues than you should be willing to endure what ever comes at you. That uniform alone was worth every push up, ass chewin, sand fea bite, bloody nose, blister, flash burn, fractured wrist etc I could go on and on....

I went from AUG - OCT. It was hot as hell when we got there and got pretty cold by the time I left. that was almost 15 years ago and the way the weather is acting these days who knows what you'll get. Just get there do what you have to do. The sooner you go the better. I guarantee when you see other platoons on that parade deck hugging thier families and friends you'll wish you had started earlier!

Credits
    Savings
    Every day is beautiful at Parris Island.

NOW GET OFF MY BUS!!!!

OOORAH!!!!!
    C

Thank you for all of you who responded. I was just wondering Captin, you dont have any right to question my commitment. I wasn't sniveling, thanks.I was wondering because I wanted to see what the pro's and con's of going in the summer and the winter thats all.

AAAUUGGHHHHH Shiat, another prince

Thank you for all of you who responded. I was just wondering Captin, you dont have any right to question my commitment. I wasn't sniveling, thanks.I was wondering because I wanted to see what the pro's and con's of going in the summer and the winter thats all.
    He has EVERY right to question you. Not only has he earned the title, he's a Sir, someone you certainly don't talk back to. If you don't like it you better stay a civilian.

What's the deal with you Poolees that you can't just say "Good to go, Sir" and carry on with your day instead of trying to argue/talk back/correct someone that has BTDT?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, OK. If you don't like a Captain of Marines questioning your committment, how about if a Sergeant of Marines does it?

I question your committment. It doesn't matter what time of year you go to boot camp. It will not be pleasant in many forms or fashions. Get used to it. Reality: What a concept.

Feel better?

Credits
    Savings
    Officers are addressed as Sir! Not by rank, until you out rank them!

Let's see, the Marine Corps is still responsible for the northern flank of NATO last time I checked- much colder than PI in the winter. And we're fighting in Iraq, much hotter than PI in the summer. So, no matter how you look at it, it could be much worse.

Thread Information