My son deployed this am ... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marine Family Free Member DevsDad's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Just a side note. It usually takes about 3 weeks for mail to start flowing to the Recruits. And I remember my son telling me that some parents used Pvt. and it did draw some extra personal attention from the DI's

That's one thing a recruit doesn't need is extra attention just send a box of cookies, NOT,lol.

Got my first letter today !!! Just the formal one with his address but it was still GREAT !!! And yes, it is Rct. Thanks everyone for clearing this up for me. Dave

I still remember all the letters, it helped me make it . Now my son is getting his own letters. He always says don't forget to write back. it helped him make it too he graduates boot in 4 days. Millions of Marines before and Millions after. Hope your son earns and respects the title .

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey
    Got my first letter today !!! Just the formal one with his address but it was still GREAT !!! And yes, it is Rct. Thanks everyone for clearing this up for me. Dave
    Congrats Sir . He is on his way to becoming a Marine .
    OOH Rah !

I received m first letter today. My son sounds GREAT !!! Say's he love's "boot camp" ???? He say's it's pretty easy PT right now and can't wait to get into the obsticle courses and longer runs. He say's he feels really sorry for some of the recruits. Out of 86, 16 have been dismissed for medical reasons and 1 for an attempted suicide !!! Maybe he should have just "wet the bed" !!! Dave had the top time of his platoon in the 3 mile run at 9:00 min. and placed 3rd. fastest in his company of 300. I am very proud of him. They wake up at 3:30 to be ready to eat at 4:00 and are in bed by 9:00. He doesn't know how the DI's fit so much into the day. Mentally he said it was pretty straining but so far the physical has not been bad. Dave

SUICIDE?.......It's really not that bad...

It would take alot more than "boot camp" for me to end my life !!! I wouldn't miss my son becoming a Marine for anything !!! Dave

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    AMEN

Well that's really awesome to hear.... makes me feel ok my son is in boot camp... thank you....

OK I understand when I went to PI it was rough .But I knew what I was in for .But SUICIDE , IT not that bad . Even your son said it too.
    Congrats DaD .Soon you will have a Man .Made by USMC .

First off, there is no "attempted suicide", either you do it or you don't. "Attempted Suicide" is just someone looking for attention or trying to get out. Just my opinion. Dave

Thread Information