Best Poolee function
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Poolee function

Had a Poolee function on Sat. and it was awesome! We went paintballing but before we started we did squad/fireteam training on how to move forward engage the enemy and if needed move back. Then we started to paintball had two teams going at it (my "squad" dominated and my "fireteam" kicked ass) then later on the recruiters grabbed 7 of the best players including myself vs the rest of the poolees and guests (30). But then before we started we lost 2 guys cause they kept talking so they became "P.O.W's" and we had to "kill" the enemy then extract the captured "Marines". Was a awesome poolee function only got out 2 out of 7 or so games, And the training we did makes me want to go to Boot Camp even sooner.

I'm up they see me i'm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lickdem89
    Had a Poolee function on Sat. and it was awesome! We went paintballing but before we started we did squad/fireteam training on how to move forward engage the enemy and if needed move back. Then we started to paintball had two teams going at it (my "squad" dominated and my "fireteam" kicked ass) then later on the recruiters grabbed 7 of the best players including myself vs the rest of the poolees and guests (30). But then before we started we lost 2 guys cause they kept talking so they became "P.O.W's" and we had to "kill" the enemy then extract the captured "Marines". Was a awesome poolee function only got out 2 out of 7 or so games, And the training we did makes me want to go to Boot Camp even sooner.
    I have always wanted to go paintballing..the movement training and makeshift P.O.W. Mission sounds pretty bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmusto
    Lol what LCpl?

-Poolee Brown

LCpl, isn't that an exercise where you rush forward/practice getting up, then hitting the deck? I could swear I saw a video of Marines doing that once and yelling "I'm up they see me I'm down."

-Poolee Setzer

We also had a Poolee function on sat. and we did our IST which I got: 15 pull ups, 95 crunches, and a 7.02 mile and a half, I was the first out of about maybe 40 people, man it was motivating. We were supposed to do our yearly Marines & Poolees v.s. the Navy softball game, but due to the beating they got last year (32-5) they made up some excuse like it was mothers day weekend and they want to spend it with their families, but all of the Marine Poolees were there, hmm... So it was kind of disapointing that we didn't get to beat them again, but we had fun we just split up into 2 teams, and our team won by one. So it turned out pretty fun after all.

702 1 1/2 mile?

Are you sure?.. thats insane

It's basic fire and movement, your buddy is firing keeping the enemy suppresed you are rushing forward then you get down suppress your buddy moves forward... "fire without movement is a waste of ammo, movement without fire is suicide"

Haha, that brings back fun memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchfire
    702 1 1/2 mile?

Probably incorporated sprints--you'd have to to make an 18:00 3 mile.

It's basic fire and movement, your buddy is firing keeping the enemy suppresed you are rushing forward then you get down suppress your buddy moves forward... "fire without movement is a waste of ammo, movement without fire is suicide"
    Yep it was so fun and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreBlanks
    Probably incorporated sprints--you'd have to make an 18:00 3 mile.

It wasn't really incorporated sprints; it was more of a steady fast pase the entire mile and a half. I don't know what I'd get for a 3 mile never really timed that one yet, but I did run 5 miles in 32 min's, and that is a little over the minimum for the 3 1/2. Hear this all Poolees with determination and motivation anything can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchfire
    702 1 1/2 mile?

Let me tell you it's a whole lot easier to run with people than by yourself, I went to the front with the person that was leading right away, kept up with him we were going at a pretty fast pase, then when I seen the Gunnery Sgt. with the stop watch I all out gave it my all and came in first with the best time of 7.02.

I havnt started running yet or exercising that way. I ate a doughnut the same morning and that wasnt a good idea because I puked right after getting 10:25 1.5 mile lol

Ohh god I hate buddy/fireteam/squad/platoon rushes we did at SOI. Especially at night with NVGs and everytime you hit the deck to fire my PEQ-15 would go off and I would have to turn it on again. I'm glad I wasn't at Lima-5. I heard about the cacti and other **** CI could destroy you with.

Trust me, you get motivated when you don't what it's really like. I never been to Iraq, but the knowledge and training at ITB literally made me sit back and think in my head. I still remember room clearing with SEASMS against the Instructor Group at SOI-ITB. I learn real quick that warfare isn't fun. I got shot in the head all because a dumbass didn't clear a corner and instantly I was dead. **** is real gents, I applaud you because your just like me, signed up in a time of war.

So i know you ain't no pussy, but don't come in all hyped up like the Marines I came in with. They think they're invincible, it's insane on how they operate. Boot Camp won't teach you how to clear rooms or how to stack-up or setup short security halts. Boot Camp teaches discipline, marksmanship, and professionalism.

That is what Marines are, were Professionals in what we do.
    SOI-ITB and SOI-MCT teaches you the Warrior aspect, the Combat training you receive there is intense. It's no walk in the park, for those weak at PT. PT your ass off now, boot camp PT doesn't prepare you for the SOI or the Fleet.

Semper Fi' Poolees you guys keep me motivated

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Ohh god I hate buddy/fireteam/squad/platoon rushes we did at SOI. Especially at night with NVGs and everytime you hit the deck to fire my PEQ-15 would go off and I would have to turn it on again. I'm glad I wasn't at Lima-5. I heard about the cacti and other **** CI could destroy you with.

Trust me, you get motivated when you don't what it's really like. I never been to Iraq, but the knowledge and training at ITB literally made me sit back and think in my head. I still remember room clearing with SEASMS against the Instructor Group at SOI-ITB. I learn real quick that warfare isn't fun. I got shot in the head all because a dumbass didn't clear a corner and instantly I was dead. **** is real gents, I applaud you because your just like me, signed up in a time of war.

So i know you ain't no pussy, but don't come in all hyped up like the Marines I came in with. They think they're invincible, it's insane on how they operate. Boot Camp won't teach you how to clear rooms or how to stack-up or setup short security halts. Boot Camp teaches discipline, marksmanship, and professionalism.

That is what Marines are, were Professionals in what we do.
    SOI-ITB and SOI-MCT teaches you the Warrior aspect, the Combat training you receive there is intense. It's no walk in the park, for those weak at PT. PT your ass off now, boot camp PT doesn't prepare you for the SOI or the Fleet.

Semper Fi' Poolees you guys keep me motivated

ya I here it all from my dad all the time and it is true I know this I just want to get Bootcamp over with and start life as a Marine.

Thread Information