Can someone help me figure out cutting scores?
Create Post

Can someone help me figure out cutting scores?

I know I wont even rate one for 6 more months, but I'm trying to send a good foundation now and Im just looking at making goals for myself as far as PFT goes, the range, mcis, etc. Now I know I need to do my best no matter what, but I'm just this kind of person, where I like to know what's needed.

This will change in 6 months, but currently my mos's cutting score is 1531.

Ive seen the charts in Marine Corps times, but I just haven't been able to figure it out, as far as adding pft and range scores (are the range scores out of 250 or the new 350 score? I havent even shot the 350 scoring system yet) and dividing them and adding lines 5-12, its all a blur to me. I get lost and somehow end up (even factoring in time in grade and service for the date I will rate a cutting score, as well as the max points allowed for MCIs which I know I will have done by then) with a cutting score of like 1100...

If anyone could give me a hand I'd appreciate, just to know what, as a base, I need to pick up Cpl.

Go on MOL under tools is a composite score calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffner
    Go on MOL under tools is a composite score calculator.
    This is good advice. I used it a few times. All you do, Achped is punch in the info and it calculates it for you. 5 months after picking up LCpl you can check your comp score on MOL too. My low ass 1510 was in MOL March 11th and I didn't pick up till October, so you don't have to wait too long.

Im getting a composite score of 988...??? Sometimes it says I have a 46?

You have to back date it so that it'll match your time in service/time in grade for the time period when you're going to rate one. So if you need 6 months just back date your PEBD to 6 months prior.

if your in MOL make sure you select the quarter you want...you should be able to get the quarter you rate a score on there

Thread Information