RS Chicago Family Day
Create Post

RS Chicago Family Day

Just got back from an RS Chicago family day event. It was beyond motivating, let me tell you all. Started at 1800 tonight, where all the poolees and their parents from three Chicago offices met together in a local banquet hall. Two drill instructors were flown in from MCRD San Diego and, while all the poolees stood at attention for an hour in the hallway, the parents were given an opportunity to ask questions and learn everything they could possibly want to know about Recruit Training. After which, 10 of the best poolees from each office were formed up, and marched in front of the group onto a stage where a fantastically long IT session commenced. As the all the top tier poolees and myself were getting thrashed, the other poolees were lined up around the room on the wall. The drill instructors were not going light on us at all, and as the minutes wore on it became clear to the audience that we were being worked harder and harder every time they didn't respond to the drill instructors as well. So eventually the families became very involved in what was going on, and by the end of it, all the poolees lining the room were in some way shape or form being thrashed. It was tough as ****, but one of the most motivating things our RS has done to prepare us for the rigors of bootcamp.

Any other poolees get such an experience?

Up here in Massachusetts the place only really had enough space for us to stand lined up at attention, so the only thing the drill instructor made us do was sit up and down at least 50 times. As a person used to just sitting down and standing up once at a time, I was hurting for days,doing push-ups and sit-ups would have been easier. As for the Drill Instructors, I intentionally placed myself in the center front row when we fell in, since getting in the Drill Instructor's face seemed like an interesting thing to do. I don't know about you guys, but I thought it was pretty fun, I don't think boot camp will be THAT bad. I'm pretty excited for next month's field meet, where there will be more even more drill instructors, sleeping in a field, and eating MRE's.

"It was tough as ****, but one of the most motivating things our RS has done to prepare us for the rigors of bootcamp.

Any other poolees get such an experience?[/QUOTE]

Yes, your not alone. Ha ha, I had my family night the other week. Man that was some motivating stuff! After the whole thing was over and done with, the two D.I.'s went out to the vehicle they were riding around in so they could go to wherever their next destination was. When one of my buddies(also in the DEP) went out into the parking lot with his girlfriend, they happened to notice his girlfriend was carrying a bowl of food instead of him carrying it himself. They jumped out of their moving vehicle and IT'd him in the parking lot in front of the passerby and whatnot. I thought it was pretty funny. I guess he should have just carried the bowl and not let his girlfriend do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethen1013 View Post
    They jumped out of their moving vehicle and IT'd him in the parking lot in front of the passerby and whatnot.
    That is awesome!

I had mine last month, like Spyro wee were mainly sitting down and standing back up as fast as we could. A few poolees were IT'ed for messing up. I was put in the first row and I managed to not get singled out, I guess they liked my buzzed head and loud yelling

Thread Information