Physical Training?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Physical Training?

Hey ya'll. Well this is my first post and i've been looking around on this site and I havent found any other topics about it and i guess this would be the right place to put this question, but I am 15 years old and am set on joining the Marines and doing the DEP at 17 and going through recruit training at 18. I just wanted to ask anybody , Marines or poolees, if they had any ideas on what kinds of specific PT i should be doing to get myself ready for all of this. I do have a physical trainig program i follow, but I would definatly appreciate any input on what would help me get ahead on traing from the members of this site. Thanks ya'll.

The PT you can do is run, pushups, pullups, and crunches.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That's ALLLLLLLLLLL we seem to talk about around here and you didn't find anything when you did a search?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That is the basic of it i.e pulls-ups, crunches, and running. I am surprised you did not find anything in other posts. worst comes to worst you can check this out.
    that is one of the sites I use for inspiration. military (. com)and sign up, they have a physical training section for every branch that goes into some pretty cool details on form , reps, etc...
    hope it helps
    mose-

Last edited by BBOYMOSE; 05-08-08 at 12:47 PM. Reason: web page would not show

The Link's no good, Mose.

Ditto to what they said, tons of running, pushups, pullups, and various situps/crunches.

What type of MOS are you thinking?

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive know i posted over 6 or 7 things about this look.

Yeah, if you honestly searched for more then two minutes, you would have found plenty. Such as http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...hlight=workout Here's one that bbond posted http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...hlight=workout there are quite a few others too, but I'll let you find those.

-Poolee Setzer

Credits
    Savings
    I Pt with my fellow poolees and recruiters every tues and thurs. Im sure your local Marine Recruiters wouldnt mind if you trained with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYMOSE
    That is the basic of it i.e pulls-ups, crunches, and running. I am surprised you did not find anything in other posts. worst comes to worst you can check this out.
    that is one of the sites I use for inspiration. military (. com)and sign up, they have a physical training section for every branch that goes into some pretty cool details on form , reps, etc...
    hope it helps
    mose-
    Wow, ************* has plenty of information.

-Poolee Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Anding
    I Pt with my fellow poolees and recruiters every tues and thurs. Im sure your local Marine Recruiters wouldnt mind if you trained with them.
    So do I, though normally my recruiter is busy. Every saturday though if it's not a real pool function, we always do some kind of PT at the sub-station. In addition to this I work out with my friend- though I never over work myself.

bootcamp pt isn't hard at all, just stay healthy and you should be fine. do pt with your recruiter if need be

I wonder how many times we've posted the links to different workout programs, even the ones with all the stars in the name, and people still ask for the same stuff.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just keep working at it. Just work out regularly and run often. Go to your local Marine Recruiting office and ask if you can PT with them. In my RSS there are several poolees now shipping out who have been there since freshmen year.

You deffinatley wanna be doing alot of running because from what my cousins have told me from their expeirences thats all you will be doing most of the time neways...
    but any good long and harsh endurance workout is great!

Kilo-Echo-Lima-Lima-Oscar-Golf-Golf... Out---

I just graduated boot camp last friday April 13th. Seeing as this is a Marine Community, you are going to have a lot of topics and Posts about PT. However, one thing I wish I would of worked on more before going to MCRD San Diego, would have to be my legs. Phase 2 you will do A LOT of hiking up hills. So if I were you, I would work on building my legs up and my back.

Hope this helped!

--- PFC. Lehr

Thread Information