Consequence of a forged med doc at MEPS
Create Post

Consequence of a forged med doc at MEPS

A friend of mine is also trying to get in the Marine Corps and faces a dilema. He was place on anxiety medicine about 3 years ago for only two months and he feels he was misdiagnosed, but the dr. will only state in the letter the dates he took it, that hes been off ever since (3 yrs ago) and that he no longer has this condition. His recruiter told him the letter will dq him right away and hes stuck because the dr. gave him some meds when he didnt have anxiety. He took the letter, rewrote a statement saying he was misdiagnosed and he has been off the meds for 3 yrs now. He then photocopied it over the dr.'s letter and it looks real as it can be. My concern is that he turned it in to his recruiter and then to meps, I am worried what the consequences will be if or when they find out. I know this is forgery and falsifying a document, so could he end up in jail, fines, prison, dishonorable discharge if discovered after boot camp? Its too late for him to turn back and I told him it was a bad idea, any ideas, tips, advice of what can be expected. Thanks for any reply helping me with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KLLMLL22
    A friend of mine is also trying to get in the Marine Corps and faces a dilema. He was place on anxiety medicine about 3 years ago for only two months and he feels he was misdiagnosed, but the dr. will only state in the letter the dates he took it, that hes been off ever since (3 yrs ago) and that he no longer has this condition. His recruiter told him the letter will dq him right away and hes stuck because the dr. gave him some meds when he didnt have anxiety. He took the letter, rewrote a statement saying he was misdiagnosed and he has been off the meds for 3 yrs now. He then photocopied it over the dr.'s letter and it looks real as it can be. My concern is that he turned it in to his recruiter and then to meps, I am worried what the consequences will be if or when they find out. I know this is forgery and falsifying a document, so could he end up in jail, fines, prison, dishonorable discharge if discovered after boot camp? Its too late for him to turn back and I told him it was a bad idea, any ideas, tips, advice of what can be expected. Thanks for any reply helping me with this issue.

Wait a minute...your recruiter is telling your friend he DIDN'T have anxiety when a Doctor diagnosed him with it?!?! Although the majority of what I feel finds that hard to believe, I don't entirely doubt it. But here's the thing...if your friend is being told to go in there and flat out lie about something...he will be disqualified for sure when they find out the truth...and trust me, they WILL find it!! But, if he goes in there and tells the truth about everything...and I mean everything...he has a better chance of being enlisted for something they most likely already know. Its the honorable thing to do and he doesn't need to begin a possible Marine Corps career on a lie!!! If he was actually on these meds and there is a stipulation that DQ's him for duty because of it...then its better for him to find that out now than to go enlist and have something happen to him while on active duty and get people hurt or killed due to his affliction...that's part of the screening purposes MEPS is there for!! If he wasn't meant to be a Marine, then it wasn't meant to be... simple as that!! It happens...and its for the best of everyone involved...even your "friend".

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OMFG! What a dumba$$! Can you say FRAUDULANT ENLISTMENT?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LMFAO Kim I laugh everytime I read a post like this. I have to bring froggy out of the IRR for this one.

Jim

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Darkgreen 0311

Just like Big Jim said they're going to find out. I remember before we even started T day #1 recruits were getting kicked for things they failed to disclose and things they lied about to the recruiter. I understand your friend wants to be a Marine. He's starting off on the wrong foot he's doing everything the opposite of what the Marine Corps teaches. It's about honor and intergrity He's needs to man up and say what he did......Your friend reminds of the guy in Jarhead who lied about his criminal past and was getting kicked out.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
    YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

Anxiety is often over diagnosed, just as depression is. He could likely find an actual doctor to write what he needs written. Doing it this way is a crime. And, to be blunt, you allowing this to happen makes you an accessory to the crime. Do the right thing and get this stopped before your friend gets into real trouble.

This isn't like high school and forging mom's signature on a field trip permission slip. Getting caught doing this could very well mean prison time.

Credits
    Savings
    Anchors Aweigh ........

GO NAVY!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Be all the drugs will let you be. In The Army.

Never, Ever lie the the Corps. They will rain down a **** storm even Noah would cry about. Never forge a document and expect to get away with it. I hope you or your friend doesn't end up around me.

Credits
    Savings
    "His recruiter told him the letter will dq him right away and hes stuck because the dr. gave him some meds when he didnt have anxiety. "
    I think this is one of those run on, jumble the thoughts sentence. I think what the recruiter said stopped at " hes stuck", in the "friends" words no doubt. The last half sounds like the opinion of the " friend".
    Only on meds for 2 months, that is a record for a mental disorder. That stuff usualy takes a year or more to manage, if cure.

Thread Information