Still looking 2/4 & 3/6 Marines, Fuji fire survivors - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 3stix3362 View Post
    Why are you still looking for survivors?
    Because it is important to him...
    Let me know if you want more information about Don, and his search.

While we are playing 20 questions...
    Your profile says your rank is E-1, you entered my Corps in 1979, and so now would have been in for 32+ years.

Could you explain that to the moderators ??

Quote Originally Posted by 3stix3362 View Post
    Why are you still looking for survivors?
    ass hole! How could you ask such a question? Dick Head! your beneath contempt

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooger View Post
    ass hole! How could you ask such a question? Dick Head! your beneath contempt

SSgt,

As my post stated, I looked at your profile, and didn't like what I saw. Today, your profile is much different.

A glitch in the system... only the moderators will know for sure. But I still stand up for asking, if I didn't like what I saw.

Please stand by for a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbsox View Post
    SSgt,

As my post stated, I looked at your profile, and didn't like what I saw. Today, your profile is much different.

A glitch in the system... only the moderators will know for sure. But I still stand up for asking, if I didn't like what I saw.

Please stand by for a PM.

Don't have any idea what your talking about.....my profile has never changed....... You must have me confused with 3stixx for some reason, whom I was responding to. His profile is lacking and he's shown himself to be VERY insensitive and I called him on it.....We Lost Good people that day, And I for one am not going to let someone get by with asking such an asinine question. That's like asking someone why they are still looking for lost relatives. Stupid question

Credits
    Savings
    All...
    Looks like I responded to the wrong poster (SSgt Smith), having looked at a profile and confusing a reply. I stand corrected.

3Stix3362 >> I think it is YOU that has some explaining to do. You are treading on HALLOWED ground.

To locate some 2/4 members try going to " Michael G. Castle's Discussions " The Magnificient Bastards " Communication " Fire For Effect Now " Web Site. I believe the only " catch " to entering the site is you must be invited. If you have any difficulty entering the sight; contact this " Magnificient Bastard " and I'll be glad to assist another BROTHER.

Lcpl. Roger D. Stewart
    Vietvet1968@comcast.net

Hello.. Im not sure how to introduce myself here besides getting to the point.. One of the men that died in the fire, PFC Thomas J Breunig, was my father. I was a 3 months in the womb at the time, my mother was 16 years old. His family did not want to be shamed by the situation, so I never had any contact with them and dont know a whole lot. I hate to have to mention it here but there were some things that happened in court that weren't so cool, and he was adopted so I could never prove that he was my father (I know I could now..). So if anybody knew him or would like to talk for whatever reason, I am here.. I have seen this thread on my searches for a few years now when looking up articles to show people when telling the story. I was surprised to notice tonight there is still activity here, so I decided to post..

Camp Fuji 83-84

I was stationed at Camp Fuji from late 83-84. The camp was mainly Quonset huts with a few Butler buildings that were built to replace the ones destroyed by the fire. I actually lived in a small hootch near the ammo dump...good times.

I remember!

See my comments on another thread on this site!

I was there that day! i was stationed with Golf 2/4 weapons platoon. I was an 0331 section leader. My name is Kevin Fahrendorff an E4 at that time. I've dealt with the horrors of that day for the past 33 years. i just recently filed a claim for ptsd and have been on meds and seeing dr.s for the past 20 years, but never wanted to tell anyone the real reason for my anziety, panic attacks, agoraphobia, etc. I was just given a 80% disability rating, which helps pay the bills, but I will never forget that day and still have nigtmares about it all the time. If anyone remembers me, please reply. Cpl Moss, Sgt Terry, Cpl Wilkerson, Cpl Studiner. We lost 13 brothers and everyone that lost their lives or was injured will and have always been in my thoughts and prayers. Semper Fi Cpl Fahrendorff

semperfi1976, I have the same problem as you. I was there also, but seem to have forgotten alot of things from the fire. My memory is also very cloudy except for the faces of the Marines I helped load on trucks. I will always see their faces and haunts me to this day. Please feel free to email me if you would like to talk. Take care my brother, Kevin Kevndeb@sunflower.com

Hello devildogg4ever, I was with Gulf Co 2/4 during the fire. Some memories never end.

My name is Leonard Lopez. I was stationed at Mt. Fuji during the fire, on my 19th birthday. Everyone knew me as Lopey. I was in the first barracks in weapons company. 81mm mortars. I was carrying sand bags to the back of our quonset hut because water was coming in and I was the least senior. Just out of ITS at San Onofre. I was with a guy named Percival from Massachusetts. The third hut down from us went first. There were some big guys trying to get out of those little windows. They looked like ants trying to get out. So many guys come out of one little window. In between the two rows of huts in our Company the water was almost knee deep.

I was there with H & S co

Quote Originally Posted by Devildogg4ever View Post
    I am still trying to find Marines who survived the 1979 Fuji fire, and Marines of 3/6. I have a memorial on my site at Warriors Den. Semper Fi to all!!
    I was the H & S co Armor.

I remember Cpl Studiner he was a 0341 mortar man, before you got there he was my squad leader when I was with Golf 2/4 weapons platoon I was a 0331 before I went to H&S Co. 2/4 Bn Admin 0151. L/Cpl Ricky Prigge and I went with the Battalion Commander and I believe the XO to check the quonset huts with fire extinguisher's looking for any Marines left behind after our platoon helped get everyone through the water that was rushing down and washing out the road. At the time I was a L/Cpl. And Yes I do believe I remember you but vaguely.I have pictures of the aftermath. Semper Fi Sgt Alden Boulerice

Thread Information