Dragon Skin
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Skin

Dragon Skin

Why won't the US Military allow us to buy Dragon Skin? Or better yet why won't the US Military issue us Dragon Skin. This PPE is far more advanced than the inceptor vest with standard SAPI or AP SAPI plates. It weight is a lot less, and like i said the technology is far more advanced. Is this because of the major contracts the US has with those who provide our military with PPE? Let us know what you think. Sound OFF!

p.s. I have not wore Dragon Skin nor had my hands on it, this opinion is based solely on my experience with stranded Issue PPE and what i have read and saw on DS.

well if you check out a lot of the issues with paperwork... the makers of dragon skin did not follow the proper procedures!!!

they are responsible for paying for thier testing of the armor and what ever other junk they needed to do and they never did it so they were stripped from the list of "vendors" or whatever they call it.... so yeah, that's why you can't buy or get issued better equipment...

plenty of vets wish you had the right gear but... politicians children aren't there fighting now are they?

Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1
    Why won't the US Military allow us to buy Dragon Skin? Or better yet why won't the US Military issue us Dragon Skin. This PPE is far more advanced than the inceptor vest with standard SAPI or AP SAPI plates. It weight is a lot less, and like i said the technology is far more advanced. Is this because of the major contracts the US has with those who provide our military with PPE? Let us know what you think. Sound OFF!

p.s. I have not wore Dragon Skin nor had my hands on it, this opinion is based solely on my experience with stranded Issue PPE and what i have read and saw on DS.

I've seen the tests on the dragonskin and it DOES work! But what I heard from that documentary is that it costs too much to give one to every single US serviceman. But they are pretty slick! Maybe if they made it optional to the fact that you could buy one for your very own and take it with you if your wanted...maybe something like that would work, afterall, they still make everyone buy and maintain their own uniforms!!

uh, you missed my post.... it's a paperwork thing not a cost thing... if they can spend billions of dollars for NEW vehicles they can spend millions of dollars for something the vehicles are going to protect.... besides the bullits are aimed at the Marines and soldiers not the vehicles.... it's cheapier to keep em dude! they don't want dead troops.... simple math.

Last I heard before I got out the Army did allow you to buy DS and they would actually reimburse you for 1,300 bucks (not the cost of the vest but almost about half), than i when i was in Iraq they told us not to buy it and have it sent to us overseas because if you where killed and found out that you where wearing non issue PPE you would forfeit your SGLI and such. From what I have seen that stuff ROCKS, but at almost 3k per vest I guess our lives are not worth that much.

yeah, they said it was a go until they paperwork issue happened then they said NO! STOP!.... well it happens.... it's over with... if you'd like I"ll get a site with good intel on it about this... just let me know.... I'm serious.... tell me and I'll get it..... still waiting.

yeah post it up, i'm sure i'm not the only one who wants to know whats up.

from the website.

Pinnacle Armor Inc., would like to extend its sincerest thanks to all the local, state, and Federal agencies, as well as the brave men and women of the United States who proudly wear the Stars and Stripes on foreign soil, that have stood by our company as we endure continued scrutiny from those that would rather see us go away, instead of saving lives.

The law enforcement agencies have recently been faced with a difficult decision.
    With NIJ's recent decision to temporarily suspend our NIJ certification on our SOV 2000 Dragon Skin SOV 2000.1/MIL3AF01, over concerns of our warranty, many law enforcement agencies have called us, expressing their displeasure, that when they have contacted NIJ to inquire about this issue, NIJ has not taken their phone calls and have not returned their messages.
    If you or your agency has been neglected by NIJ in this manner, Pinnacle Armor needs to hear from you.

I'm not sure about this bit of propaganda... so this would take some research!!! this too came from their website

NOTICE: SGLI/VGLI Insurance Issue
    True or False: SGLI won't pay if I die while wearing privately purchased body armor or a privately purchased helmet.

False: SGLI claims are paid regardless of body armor or helmet type. Wearing body armor or a helmet is not a requirement for a SGLI claim to be paid.
    Reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold
    uh, you missed my post.... it's a paperwork thing not a cost thing... if they can spend billions of dollars for NEW vehicles they can spend millions of dollars for something the vehicles are going to protect.... besides the bullits are aimed at the Marines and soldiers not the vehicles.... it's cheapier to keep em dude! they don't want dead troops.... simple math.
    Ok...for the sake of your missed post...what is your source for knowing this information? Is it fact or did you just "hear about it"? Because I've seen this documentary on the military channel a few months ago where they actually tested the dragonskin as well as confirmed what it would cost the federal government for each vest and to provide every serviceman on active duty right now. This cost would be in the tens of billions to provide the new technology when what they have now isn't exactly the bottom of the barrel. Even so, the implementation of such technoloy is at least a decade away.

... never read anything about failures.... the army is tight lipped about why it failed.... besides does it matter?

WTF your Marines your suppose to die for your country thats whats your trained for, Nobody promised you when you joined that you will come home alive and well. We Nam Vets didnt have half the stuff you guys have now and alot of us still came home. We didnt have no vests all we had was Flak Jackets and they werent worth a crap..

I know Marines are to Win Battles.

I dont know if I'd say we're supposed to die, but if I had no choice...

Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    WTF your Marines your suppose to die for your country thats whats your trained for, Nobody promised you when you joined that you will come home alive and well. We Nam Vets didnt have half the stuff you guys have now and alot of us still came home. We didnt have no vests all we had was Flak Jackets and they werent worth a crap..
    Genius remark.

Thread Information