Jacksonville Question - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Holy crap, I never knew it was so harsh. Im glad Im in Hawaii, I see Marines at the PX in tank tops, swim shorts and flip flops...every day of the week, and dependents. Wow, you'd think we were at the beach by what Marines wear, but you'd think they just got out of the water by the dependents attire!

I love this place No flip flops at the chow hall...thats it.

Flip flops are ony acceptable if you're going to the shower, beach, hanging around the house, live in a third world country were it's hot and you can't afford shoes, or a gay Abercrombie and Fitch model.

With everyone assuming that they know the correct answer to this, I've decided to place the link to some of the base orders around our Corps:

Camp Pendleton: https://158.238.251.13/pendleton/ACS...O/default.aspx
    Then click on the base order tab and select BO 1020.1

Marine Corps Base Hawaii: http://www.mcbh.usmc.mil/g1/adjutant/pubs/1000.htm then click he tab for BO 1020.5B Ch 1

29 Palms: http://www.29palms.usmc.mil/dirs/man...0/1020_11m.pdf

Quantico: http://www.quantico.usmc.mil/directi...x?Command=MCBQ then click on the tab for MCBO 1020.1E

Thats just a few, hope these help some of you.

I thought that we were always suppose to set the example for all the people under us. there are people who are unsat no matter what rank. reading the base regs is a good place to start, but really if you have a gunny tell you, you are unsat are you really going to disagree. no you are going to square yourself away.

I am stationed in Jacksonville, NC. If your hitting the beack sandals are okay if your in town they need to have a backing like the velcro ones (Teva is a good brand). Need to be wearing a belt at all times and the shirt needs to be appropriate (no foul language or "witty" sayings). There is MCAS New River, Camp Lejeune, and MCAS Cherry Point right up the road. It means a lot of Marines and you will get corrected if your out in town all jacked up. Like my uncle says (Korea Vet) ," If you dress like a woman ,guys will try to pick you up." haha just a joke anyhow follow regulations and you'll never have problems.
    Semper Fidelis

I've never seen anyone have a problem with untucked shirts, but the flip flops are almost always a no-go. (Except for the beach, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by cake96861 View Post
    Very constructive response, bravo devil!

A yes or no response would have been sufficient, the bases I’ve been to, Hawaii, Quantico>Camp Pen there wasn’t a problem with an untucked t-shirt or nice flops. I haven’t been to NC yet so I wasn’t sure.

you were at quantico and no one said anything to you about that? WOW.

Why is everyone entertaining this question their flip flops plain and simple the answer is NO it dosent matter if their A&F their flip flops

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    yeah that attire is only acceptable at kaneohe bay hawaii... no ****. shoes and tucked in shirts unless they have the slits ont he sides.
    Alohhhaaa!

how about those aloha fridays? cut out every friday with work on the table or not BY 1300... not after.... before!!!

Well I got to Jacksonville around the beginning of June. I was out at WalMart to get a few things. I was playing it safe with my polo shirt, shorts and tennis shoes. I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a number of people in flip flops, some had there shirts tucked in, but a majority of people had tshirts untucked, both young and older Marines. So my question has been answered.

Jacksonville has definitely changed alot in 9 years since I was here last for MOS school. The thing that shocked me the most is my wife went to the 7 day store by the TLF to get some things and she said there were guys in there with hats on, busted up, torn looking jeans, shorts and flip flops.

military brats can goto the 7 day store too you know....

that and spouses or boyfriends of Marines.

That's true, but Ive heard a Lt talking about seeing Marines wearing hats inside the same 7 day store...But even if they are dependents they should at least take their hats off... the dress code applies to them as well.

yes it does and your wife and anyone else in there who are following the rules should tell them to correct themselves... if the disagree or talk back she should have them kicked out by talking to the manager... if they're Marines they'll get in big trouble if dependants then their sponser will.

semper fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Petzold View Post
    yes it does and your wife and anyone else in there who are following the rules should tell them to correct themselves... if the disagree or talk back she should have them kicked out by talking to the manager... if they're Marines they'll get in big trouble if dependants then their sponser will.

semper fi

HERE HE GOES AGAIN...MODERATERS...KEEP AN EYE ON THIS GUY PLEASE?? HE GOT PROMOTED TO SSGT. IN 8 YEARS OF SERVICE, HUH?? MMM-HMMM...

Thread Information