Jacksonville Question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    spoken like a person who respects himself.... why doesn't the initial poster? is he just trying to fit in? well those people suck, and so do people who are victims to fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by cake96861
    Very constructive response, bravo devil!

A yes or no response would have been sufficient, the bases I’ve been to, Hawaii, Quantico>Camp Pen there wasn’t a problem with an untucked t-shirt or nice flops. I haven’t been to NC yet so I wasn’t sure.
    This from a ??? Marine who enlisted in 1999 and is still a freakin private!!!! (I read your profile and that is what it says) and a damned sassy one at that.

Like every other POS these days you try and make your own rules instead of following the ones given you by the Base commander or the Marine Corps. Why don't you just wait till you get there and then find out what the regs really are???

Man up and be a freakin Marine and wear what you are told you can, not what you think you can get away with...

Quote Originally Posted by Camper51
    This from a ??? Marine who enlisted in 1999 and is still a freakin private!!!! (I read your profile and that is what it says) and a damned sassy one at that.

Like every other POS these days you try and make your own rules instead of following the ones given you by the Base commander or the Marine Corps. Why don't you just wait till you get there and then find out what the regs really are???

Man up and be a freakin Marine and wear what you are told you can, not what you think you can get away with...
    I dont try to make any rules up... I was actually inquiring as to what the regs are, trying to be a little proactive before I get there.

I am inquiring why you are hanging a Sgt chevron on your Profile and listing as an E-1 Pvt what is with that! Have some respect or borrow it please.

Quote Originally Posted by ttracker65
    I am inquiring why you are hanging a Sgt chevron on your Profile and listing as an E-1 Pvt what is with that! Have some respect or borrow it please.
    I'm wandering if he is really in the Corps as he lists his ocupation as Student. Learning to be a Poser?? Hmmmmmmmm??????

Cake96861, you better unfuk your profile if your a Private or lock up the Corporal who just disrepsected a Sergeant of Marines. Either way your sh*t is unsat!!!

on Ft knox I see soldiers going out in baggy pants over size shirts and all kinds of foot wear they look like sh*t bags no pride in being Soldiers. just take pride in being a Marine and dress like you are one

Quote Originally Posted by SGT VAS
    Cake96861, you better unfuk your profile if your a Private or lock up the Corporal who just disrepsected a Sergeant of Marines. Either way your sh*t is unsat!!!
    If he is a Sgt he needs to set a better example. Squared away doesn't just apply to Military dress. It also applies to proper bearing while wearing civies. You are a Marine 24/7 not just when in uniform. I am to understand in order to even enlist in the Corps now, you have to have at least a GED. Which should mean at least a minimum education. Of course common sense can't be taught. In order to earn my respect, cake needs to show some NCO leadership traits. Wanting to know what he can get away with wearing doesn't in my oppinion set a good example or show leadership. During my time in service I corrected more than one E-5 and even in one case an E-6 for not displaying proper bearing. Did it in a respectful manner, and was thanked in most cases.

By all means can Marines correct each other regardless of rank, but you must be tactful and use common sense if you are of lesser grade.

I have no idea how a simple question can be so misconstrued. This was what I thought was a simple yes or no question. I’m not trying to get away with anything, I’m trying to be proactive in finding out if there is a "dress code" that doesn’t allow someone to wear flip flops. And in all honesty does wearing flip flops or not having a t-shirt not tucked in mean I’m not being “professional”? It is more of a comfort issue. I mean if we are going for professional maybe we should all wear button down shirts and ties???

Quote Originally Posted by cake96861
    I have no idea how a simple question can be so misconstrued. This was what I thought was a simple yes or no question. I’m not trying to get away with anything, I’m trying to be proactive in finding out if there is a "dress code" that doesn’t allow someone to wear flip flops. And in all honesty does wearing flip flops or not having a t-shirt not tucked in mean I’m not being “professional”? It is more of a comfort issue. I mean if we are going for professional maybe we should all wear button down shirts and ties???
    Maybe the Corps has mellowed since I was in, but we were required at every duty station I was assigned to, to wear conservative, and tasteful civies. AC/DC t-shirts, or any thing similar, and profanity were strictly forbidden. Maybe flip flops would work if you go to the beach, but anywhere else in public I would say no. Sandles with socks scream "DORK!". Untucked shirts.....well......we wore them around Jacksonville. As long as they are clean I don't see a problem. I would check with your units CO for the strait scoop. Don't rely on some nobody, or you could be opening yourself up for some serious sh*t. After all, if an officer asks you who gave you permission to wear that, what are you going to say if you took anyone but your CO's word? And thanks for straightening your profile out Sarg. Semper Fi

Not a bad idea ,cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    Try to get out the gate at camp Hansen with flip flops, no belt, and your shirt tails swinging in the breeze
    You'll never get past the quarterdeck on ship dressed like that. It's unsat
    Affirmative and one can stand in long libbo lines at certain ports waiting on launches and watch noon chow come and go only to get up front and close to disembarking when some little Napoleon Gestapo Chief Master at Arms tells you: Unsat Marine, go change out of those shower shoes, sweat pants and wife beater. Oh and tuck away that gold Mr. T starter kit, shipmate.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You are so right slinger. Used to be that everyone coming in off libbo would roll a big dice, and then if you rolled a 4 or whatever you got the full shake down. Come in dressed like one of the beastie boys and it was skip the dice. How did you get off ship dressed like that? MAA suddenly became the gestapo and you were in for it. I'll just hang on to your ID till tomarrow and you can pick it up from your 1st Sgt in the morning. Don't rock the boat.

Credits
    Savings
    As I recall, we weren't allowed to wear jeans. And all of this from a Texas boy, who never owned any slacks.

Flip flops / shower shoes? - AOK, FOR the shower.

Untucked shirt? Sure, no problem, WHILE you were dressing.

No belt? Sheeit, that was totally unheard of.

Thread Information